Jay-Z, J. Cole Join Jay Electronica Onstage at Brooklyn Hip-Hop Fest
Jay-Z made a surprise appearance when Jay Electronica took over the Brooklyn Hip-Hop Festival on Saturday, July 12. The Roc Nation mogul happened to be in the city for his and wife Beyonce Knowles' "On the Run" tour. He then decided to visit the New Orleans rapper during his show and support him.
The two Jays performed some tracks together, including Big Daddy Kane's "Young Gifted and Black", their remix of Soulja Boy's "We Made It" and their 2010 collaboration "Shiny Suit Theory". They also tackled Jay-Z's solo hit "P.S.A. (Public Service Announcement)".
Before exiting the stage, Jay-Z took off his Five-Percent Nation chain and handed it to Jay Electronica.
The "Holly Grail" hitmaker wasn't the only guest at Jay Electronica's headlining set. Earlier in the show, Mac Miller who was in the town to film the music video of his "Diablo" stopped by for "Suplexes Inside of Complexes and Duplexes".
J. Cole, who will play a show in New York on Tuesday, and Talib Kweli also excited the crowd when they appeared on the stage to perform their collaboration "Just Begun".
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo