Jay-Z, J. Cole Join Jay Electronica Onstage at Brooklyn Hip-Hop Fest
Jay-Z made a surprise appearance when Jay Electronica took over the Brooklyn Hip-Hop Festival on Saturday, July 12. The Roc Nation mogul happened to be in the city for his and wife Beyonce Knowles' "On the Run" tour. He then decided to visit the New Orleans rapper during his show and support him.
The two Jays performed some tracks together, including Big Daddy Kane's "Young Gifted and Black", their remix of Soulja Boy's "We Made It" and their 2010 collaboration "Shiny Suit Theory". They also tackled Jay-Z's solo hit "P.S.A. (Public Service Announcement)".
Before exiting the stage, Jay-Z took off his Five-Percent Nation chain and handed it to Jay Electronica.
The "Holly Grail" hitmaker wasn't the only guest at Jay Electronica's headlining set. Earlier in the show, Mac Miller who was in the town to film the music video of his "Diablo" stopped by for "Suplexes Inside of Complexes and Duplexes".
J. Cole, who will play a show in New York on Tuesday, and Talib Kweli also excited the crowd when they appeared on the stage to perform their collaboration "Just Begun".
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts