Angelica Celaya Joins NBC's 'Constantine' as Zed the Psychic
NBC's "Constantine" has found its Zed in telenovela star Angelica Celaya. During the show's panel at Television Critics Association press tour on Sunday, July 13, executive producer Daniel Cerone revealed details about the new DC Comics character.
Hailing from "Hellblazer" comic book, Zed is a psychic who already has powers when she encounters Constantine. "She's someone who can go toe to toe with John [Constantine], and that's ultimately something we felt like we needed," Cerone said. "We wanted a more dynamic relationship, as opposed to someone who is a teacher/mentor and a student. It just didn't feel as fertile and rich of an area as just a strong a man and a strong woman who are both very different."
Zed, who will be introduced early in the season, had an "interesting dark past," EP David S. Goyer teased. This is very much in contrary to another lead female character, Liv, who was invented by the series' writers out of the comic book. Liv, filled by actress Lucy Griffiths, is "very wide-eyed [and] reactive" but the writers "felt a bit hamstrung" by the character as they looked ahead.
The pilot will still feature Liv but one of the scenes had to be reshot and her disappearance will be explained later. "[John's] friends drop like flies," Goyer said. "They almost all die around him. It's the price of doing business. He is this classic noir character who often ends up alone, and we thought it was kind of consistent with the character."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3