'Jersey Shore' Star JWoww Gives Birth to First Child
JWoww, former star of MTV's reality series "Jersey Shore", gave birth to her first child in New Jersey on Sunday, July 13. Her baby was born one day after JWoww underwent induction of labor. The baby is a girl and named Meilani Alexandra Mathews.
On the same day, JWoww's fiance Roger Mathews wrote on Twitter, "She is here! Meilani Alexandra Mathews 7lbs 13 ounces. Words can't describe what looking into your child's eyes can do to you. Im Humbled."
JWoww's representative told Us Weekly, "Jenni and Roger are so excited to welcome the newest guidette Meilani Alexandra Mathews to the world weighing 7lbs and 13 ounces. Meilani and her parents are doing great and are happy and healthy. Meilani is already looking to trade her baby bottle for barbells."
A spokeperson from MTV also said in a statement, "We're fist pumping in celebration of Jenni 'JWOWW' Farley and Roger Mathews' new baby girl Meilani Alexandra Mathews. We're so excited for the new parents and to welcome the newest member to the MTV family."
JWoww previously posted a selfie on her last week of pregnancy on her official blog. She wrote alongside the picture on July 8, "... It better be!!! Can't wait to meet my baby girl!!"
The "Snooki & Jwoww" star got engaged to Roger, who is her longtime boyfriend, in 2012. The pregnancy was announced around Christmas in 2013. In January, JWoww wrote on her blog about her hard time of being pregnant, saying, "It was the absolute hardest thing I have ever experienced! I lost 9 pounds from my first appointment to [the] second! So needless to say, I was super sick and gross. I looked like hell and felt like I had a constant hangover!"
More JWoww News
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection