Doctor Who Goes 'Into Darkness' in First Full Trailer for Season 8
BBC One debuted the first full trailer for "Doctor Who" season 8 during the World Cup final between Germany and Argentina on Sunday, July 13. Peter Capaldi stars as the latest incarnation of the Doctor, who will go "into darkness."
"I don't think I know who the Doctor is any more," his companion Clara Oswald, played by Jenna Coleman, says. The Doctor himself says, "I'm the Doctor. I've lived for over two thousand years. I've made many mistakes, it's about time to do something about that."
A T-rex roaming the street in London, Daleks, Cyberman and The Paternoster Gang are seen in the video. At the end of the sneak peek, the Doctor asks Clara, "Am I a good man?" She replies, "I don't know."
The new season of "Doctor Who" will premiere Saturday, August 23, at 8 P.M. ET on BBC America. Samuel Anderson joins the cast in a recurring role as Danny Pink, a teacher at Coal Hill Secondary School where Clara also teaches.
Following the leak of five scripts for the upcoming season of the British sci-fi series, the first two episodes of season 8 have leaked online. A rough black-and-white cut of the first episode titled "Deep Breath" as well as the second episode were taken from the BBC Latin America headquarters in Miami and more episodes could be leaked online.
A BBC Worldwide spokesperson said of the latest leaks, "This is part of BBC Worldwide's ongoing security investigation into leaked unfinished Doctor Who materials. This content is currently being removed and originates from the same Miami server we disabled last week, it is not a new issue." They also asked fans not to share the leaked material.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics