'Boyhood' Producer Offers 'Time Back Guarantee' for Viewers
Producer of "Boyhood" has so much faith in the indie movie that he's giving a "Time Back Guarantee." John Sloss said viewers could get their time back if they failed to get thrilled by the new Richard Linklater movie.
"Boyhood" is the latest highly-buzzed movie which was filmed over 12 years with the same cast. It tells the story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a child named Mason (a breakthrough performance by Ellar Coltrane), who literally grows up on screen before our eyes. The film opened in New York and Los Angeles this weekend.
In an email to his mailing list, Sloss said he would do chores for those who felt like the movie was a waste of time. "In recognition of this auspicious event, I am offering any recipient of the email (strictly non-transferable) my patented 'Time Back Guarantee,' last offered, I believe, in connection with the theatrical release of 'Exit Through The Gift Shop'," Sloss wrote, according to THR.
He went on detailing, "That's right, if you are not absolutely thrilled by Boyhood and/or consider it not to be a good use of your time, I will give you that time back by performing any of your customary chores for up to 2 hours and 43 minutes."
Sloss may not have to do any chores. According to studio estimates, "Boyhood" grossed $359,000 after opening in five theaters over the weekend. It became this year's second-best opener for limited screening behind "The Grand Budapest Hotel".
IFC films said, "We are thrilled with the opening numbers for 'Boyhood' this weekend. The opening numbers have surpassed our highest expectations for the weekend, as audiences flocked to theaters for the critically acclaimed film."
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together