'Boyhood' Producer Offers 'Time Back Guarantee' for Viewers
Producer of "Boyhood" has so much faith in the indie movie that he's giving a "Time Back Guarantee." John Sloss said viewers could get their time back if they failed to get thrilled by the new Richard Linklater movie.
"Boyhood" is the latest highly-buzzed movie which was filmed over 12 years with the same cast. It tells the story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a child named Mason (a breakthrough performance by Ellar Coltrane), who literally grows up on screen before our eyes. The film opened in New York and Los Angeles this weekend.
In an email to his mailing list, Sloss said he would do chores for those who felt like the movie was a waste of time. "In recognition of this auspicious event, I am offering any recipient of the email (strictly non-transferable) my patented 'Time Back Guarantee,' last offered, I believe, in connection with the theatrical release of 'Exit Through The Gift Shop'," Sloss wrote, according to THR.
He went on detailing, "That's right, if you are not absolutely thrilled by Boyhood and/or consider it not to be a good use of your time, I will give you that time back by performing any of your customary chores for up to 2 hours and 43 minutes."
Sloss may not have to do any chores. According to studio estimates, "Boyhood" grossed $359,000 after opening in five theaters over the weekend. It became this year's second-best opener for limited screening behind "The Grand Budapest Hotel".
IFC films said, "We are thrilled with the opening numbers for 'Boyhood' this weekend. The opening numbers have surpassed our highest expectations for the weekend, as audiences flocked to theaters for the critically acclaimed film."
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video