'Boyhood' Producer Offers 'Time Back Guarantee' for Viewers
Producer of "Boyhood" has so much faith in the indie movie that he's giving a "Time Back Guarantee." John Sloss said viewers could get their time back if they failed to get thrilled by the new Richard Linklater movie.
"Boyhood" is the latest highly-buzzed movie which was filmed over 12 years with the same cast. It tells the story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a child named Mason (a breakthrough performance by Ellar Coltrane), who literally grows up on screen before our eyes. The film opened in New York and Los Angeles this weekend.
In an email to his mailing list, Sloss said he would do chores for those who felt like the movie was a waste of time. "In recognition of this auspicious event, I am offering any recipient of the email (strictly non-transferable) my patented 'Time Back Guarantee,' last offered, I believe, in connection with the theatrical release of 'Exit Through The Gift Shop'," Sloss wrote, according to THR.
He went on detailing, "That's right, if you are not absolutely thrilled by Boyhood and/or consider it not to be a good use of your time, I will give you that time back by performing any of your customary chores for up to 2 hours and 43 minutes."
Sloss may not have to do any chores. According to studio estimates, "Boyhood" grossed $359,000 after opening in five theaters over the weekend. It became this year's second-best opener for limited screening behind "The Grand Budapest Hotel".
IFC films said, "We are thrilled with the opening numbers for 'Boyhood' this weekend. The opening numbers have surpassed our highest expectations for the weekend, as audiences flocked to theaters for the critically acclaimed film."
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle