'Orange Is the New Black' Cancellation News Is Hoax
"Orange Is the New Black" is not canceled despite rumor to the contrary. Fans were sent into frenzy this weekend when satirical site called Empire News reported the false cancellation rumor complete with a bogus quote from Netflix CEO Reed Hastings.
"We regret to inform Netflix members that Orange is the New Black has been permanently cancelled. Also, starting September 1st, 2014, past episodes will no longer be available for streaming on Netflix," read the fake press release.
"A woman's place is in the home, in the kitchen, taking care of children. A woman in jail? How does anyone watch this show in the first place? It's like we took everything bad about OZ, and make this show with the lefotvers," read Hastings' fake statement.
"Don't worry, dandelions! @OITNB is not cancelled," Netflix tweeted after the news made headlines. The show's official Twitter also posted, "Orange Is The New Black has NOT been canceled. Whoever started this rumor will be spending some time in the SHU," to which cast member Michael J. Harney, jokingly replied, "@OITNB I will escort the responsible parties personally along with a few of my friends."
Another cast member Kate Mulgrew, meanwhile, took it to Facebook to set the record straight, "Everyone can stop writing me and breathe easy. #OITNB HAS NOT been cancelled. It's renewed for a 3rd season which is currently in production. The website reporting the story is a hoax."
More Orange Is the New Black News
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?