'Orange Is the New Black' Cancellation News Is Hoax
"Orange Is the New Black" is not canceled despite rumor to the contrary. Fans were sent into frenzy this weekend when satirical site called Empire News reported the false cancellation rumor complete with a bogus quote from Netflix CEO Reed Hastings.
"We regret to inform Netflix members that Orange is the New Black has been permanently cancelled. Also, starting September 1st, 2014, past episodes will no longer be available for streaming on Netflix," read the fake press release.
"A woman's place is in the home, in the kitchen, taking care of children. A woman in jail? How does anyone watch this show in the first place? It's like we took everything bad about OZ, and make this show with the lefotvers," read Hastings' fake statement.
"Don't worry, dandelions! @OITNB is not cancelled," Netflix tweeted after the news made headlines. The show's official Twitter also posted, "Orange Is The New Black has NOT been canceled. Whoever started this rumor will be spending some time in the SHU," to which cast member Michael J. Harney, jokingly replied, "@OITNB I will escort the responsible parties personally along with a few of my friends."
Another cast member Kate Mulgrew, meanwhile, took it to Facebook to set the record straight, "Everyone can stop writing me and breathe easy. #OITNB HAS NOT been cancelled. It's renewed for a 3rd season which is currently in production. The website reporting the story is a hoax."
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris