Cory Monteith's Dad Remembers the Late Actor, Says Lea Michele 'Should Enjoy Life'
Cory Monteith's father remembers his late son on the first anniversary of the actor's death. Talking to ET Canada, Joe Monteith who divorced Cory's mother Ann McGregor in 1989 said, "I still miss him very much and I still have the empty feeling."
"Cory was a likeable young man and if he was in the room, you'd be smiling," he stated. "He enjoyed life. That's why I was so shocked about the outcome of everything.''
"I didn't get to go to his viewing, which would have meant a lot," Joe said. The "Glee" actor's estranged dad, however, added, "I did receive an email from his mother a couple of days ago [and] in the near future she's going to be sending me some of his stuff."
Cory and Joe began to rebuild their relationship a couple of years before the Finn Hudson depicter died, but Joe admits they were not in contact when he went to rehab. "The only thing I knew," the father opened up, "was through watching [the news]."
Joe has nothing but good words for Lea Michele. She was dating Cory at the time of his death, but now has started dating again. "She's a beautiful young woman, she's just getting to the top of her career and I don't expect her to go out and do it alone," he said. "She should enjoy life. She had a good time when she was with Cory, from what I understand, but life's gotta go on."
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR