Cory Monteith's Dad Remembers the Late Actor, Says Lea Michele 'Should Enjoy Life'
Cory Monteith's father remembers his late son on the first anniversary of the actor's death. Talking to ET Canada, Joe Monteith who divorced Cory's mother Ann McGregor in 1989 said, "I still miss him very much and I still have the empty feeling."
"Cory was a likeable young man and if he was in the room, you'd be smiling," he stated. "He enjoyed life. That's why I was so shocked about the outcome of everything.''
"I didn't get to go to his viewing, which would have meant a lot," Joe said. The "Glee" actor's estranged dad, however, added, "I did receive an email from his mother a couple of days ago [and] in the near future she's going to be sending me some of his stuff."
Cory and Joe began to rebuild their relationship a couple of years before the Finn Hudson depicter died, but Joe admits they were not in contact when he went to rehab. "The only thing I knew," the father opened up, "was through watching [the news]."
Joe has nothing but good words for Lea Michele. She was dating Cory at the time of his death, but now has started dating again. "She's a beautiful young woman, she's just getting to the top of her career and I don't expect her to go out and do it alone," he said. "She should enjoy life. She had a good time when she was with Cory, from what I understand, but life's gotta go on."
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated