Cory Monteith's Dad Remembers the Late Actor, Says Lea Michele 'Should Enjoy Life'
Cory Monteith's father remembers his late son on the first anniversary of the actor's death. Talking to ET Canada, Joe Monteith who divorced Cory's mother Ann McGregor in 1989 said, "I still miss him very much and I still have the empty feeling."
"Cory was a likeable young man and if he was in the room, you'd be smiling," he stated. "He enjoyed life. That's why I was so shocked about the outcome of everything.''
"I didn't get to go to his viewing, which would have meant a lot," Joe said. The "Glee" actor's estranged dad, however, added, "I did receive an email from his mother a couple of days ago [and] in the near future she's going to be sending me some of his stuff."
Cory and Joe began to rebuild their relationship a couple of years before the Finn Hudson depicter died, but Joe admits they were not in contact when he went to rehab. "The only thing I knew," the father opened up, "was through watching [the news]."
Joe has nothing but good words for Lea Michele. She was dating Cory at the time of his death, but now has started dating again. "She's a beautiful young woman, she's just getting to the top of her career and I don't expect her to go out and do it alone," he said. "She should enjoy life. She had a good time when she was with Cory, from what I understand, but life's gotta go on."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism