Tracy Morgan Released From Rehab Center
Tracy Morgan is back home, a little more than a month after getting seriously injured in a deadly car crash. The comedian has checked out of rehabilitation center and "will continue his recovery efforts at home with an aggressive outpatient program."
"He asked me to pass along his sincerest gratitude to everyone who has helped him get to this point," a representative for the former "30 Rock" star says in a statement. "He would also appreciate some privacy during this crucial point in his recovery."
Morgan suffered "a broken leg, a broken femur, a broken nose and several broken ribs" after a truck slammed into the back of his limo when the driver was swerving in a vain attempt to avoid an accident. Fellow comedian James McNair was killed.
Morgan, McNair's widow Krista Millea, and injured victims Morgan's assistant Jeffrey Millea and comedian Ardie Fuqua filed a lawsuit against Wal-Mart. They are suing the company which owns the truck for negligence, while Krista is also suing for loss of consortium.
"We're cooperating fully in the ongoing investigation," the defendant responded. "We know it will take some time to resolve all of the remaining issues as a result of the accident, but we're committed to doing the right thing for all involved."
The truck driver, Kevin Roper, pleaded not guilty to one count of vehicular homicide and assault by auto against four individuals. According to a report by the National Transportation Safety Board, speeding played a part in the crash. The truck reportedly went at 65 mph in a 45-mph zone.
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years