Tracy Morgan Released From Rehab Center
Tracy Morgan is back home, a little more than a month after getting seriously injured in a deadly car crash. The comedian has checked out of rehabilitation center and "will continue his recovery efforts at home with an aggressive outpatient program."
"He asked me to pass along his sincerest gratitude to everyone who has helped him get to this point," a representative for the former "30 Rock" star says in a statement. "He would also appreciate some privacy during this crucial point in his recovery."
Morgan suffered "a broken leg, a broken femur, a broken nose and several broken ribs" after a truck slammed into the back of his limo when the driver was swerving in a vain attempt to avoid an accident. Fellow comedian James McNair was killed.
Morgan, McNair's widow Krista Millea, and injured victims Morgan's assistant Jeffrey Millea and comedian Ardie Fuqua filed a lawsuit against Wal-Mart. They are suing the company which owns the truck for negligence, while Krista is also suing for loss of consortium.
"We're cooperating fully in the ongoing investigation," the defendant responded. "We know it will take some time to resolve all of the remaining issues as a result of the accident, but we're committed to doing the right thing for all involved."
The truck driver, Kevin Roper, pleaded not guilty to one count of vehicular homicide and assault by auto against four individuals. According to a report by the National Transportation Safety Board, speeding played a part in the crash. The truck reportedly went at 65 mph in a 45-mph zone.
More Tracy Morgan News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special