Tracy Morgan Released From Rehab Center
Tracy Morgan is back home, a little more than a month after getting seriously injured in a deadly car crash. The comedian has checked out of rehabilitation center and "will continue his recovery efforts at home with an aggressive outpatient program."
"He asked me to pass along his sincerest gratitude to everyone who has helped him get to this point," a representative for the former "30 Rock" star says in a statement. "He would also appreciate some privacy during this crucial point in his recovery."
Morgan suffered "a broken leg, a broken femur, a broken nose and several broken ribs" after a truck slammed into the back of his limo when the driver was swerving in a vain attempt to avoid an accident. Fellow comedian James McNair was killed.
Morgan, McNair's widow Krista Millea, and injured victims Morgan's assistant Jeffrey Millea and comedian Ardie Fuqua filed a lawsuit against Wal-Mart. They are suing the company which owns the truck for negligence, while Krista is also suing for loss of consortium.
"We're cooperating fully in the ongoing investigation," the defendant responded. "We know it will take some time to resolve all of the remaining issues as a result of the accident, but we're committed to doing the right thing for all involved."
The truck driver, Kevin Roper, pleaded not guilty to one count of vehicular homicide and assault by auto against four individuals. According to a report by the National Transportation Safety Board, speeding played a part in the crash. The truck reportedly went at 65 mph in a 45-mph zone.
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester