Tracy Morgan Released From Rehab Center
Tracy Morgan is back home, a little more than a month after getting seriously injured in a deadly car crash. The comedian has checked out of rehabilitation center and "will continue his recovery efforts at home with an aggressive outpatient program."
"He asked me to pass along his sincerest gratitude to everyone who has helped him get to this point," a representative for the former "30 Rock" star says in a statement. "He would also appreciate some privacy during this crucial point in his recovery."
Morgan suffered "a broken leg, a broken femur, a broken nose and several broken ribs" after a truck slammed into the back of his limo when the driver was swerving in a vain attempt to avoid an accident. Fellow comedian James McNair was killed.
Morgan, McNair's widow Krista Millea, and injured victims Morgan's assistant Jeffrey Millea and comedian Ardie Fuqua filed a lawsuit against Wal-Mart. They are suing the company which owns the truck for negligence, while Krista is also suing for loss of consortium.
"We're cooperating fully in the ongoing investigation," the defendant responded. "We know it will take some time to resolve all of the remaining issues as a result of the accident, but we're committed to doing the right thing for all involved."
The truck driver, Kevin Roper, pleaded not guilty to one count of vehicular homicide and assault by auto against four individuals. According to a report by the National Transportation Safety Board, speeding played a part in the crash. The truck reportedly went at 65 mph in a 45-mph zone.
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna