Comedian Donnell Rawlings Released After Drunk Driving Arrest
Comedian Donnell Rawlings is released without bail after he was arrested for alleged drunk driving at about 3:50 A.M. on Friday, July 11 in NYC. As reported by Page Six, Rawlings who has appeared on Comedy Central's "Chappelle's Show" made a joke about his run-in with the law as he left Manhattan Criminal Court on Friday afternoon.
Speaking to reporters, Rawlings said that it was the first and the last time he made an appearance in jail. "The next time you see me play this character, hopefully, it's on 'Law & Order'," he said. When asked if he cracked a joke when he was with the police, Rawlings replied, "That's the worst time to ever do stand up - when you're apprehended by the police."
Rawlings reportedly blew .12 during the breath analyzer test, which is above the .08 limit. Prosecutors said that the comedian had bloodshot eyes and smelled like alcohol after he was pulled over. He said, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," during the arrest. "I think as an African American anytime you see police lights and coming toward you say sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry. Whether you're guilty or not," he commented.
Rawlings was charged with two counts of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and one count of operating a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol. He is set to appear in court in August.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics