Comedian Donnell Rawlings Released After Drunk Driving Arrest
Comedian Donnell Rawlings is released without bail after he was arrested for alleged drunk driving at about 3:50 A.M. on Friday, July 11 in NYC. As reported by Page Six, Rawlings who has appeared on Comedy Central's "Chappelle's Show" made a joke about his run-in with the law as he left Manhattan Criminal Court on Friday afternoon.
Speaking to reporters, Rawlings said that it was the first and the last time he made an appearance in jail. "The next time you see me play this character, hopefully, it's on 'Law & Order'," he said. When asked if he cracked a joke when he was with the police, Rawlings replied, "That's the worst time to ever do stand up - when you're apprehended by the police."
Rawlings reportedly blew .12 during the breath analyzer test, which is above the .08 limit. Prosecutors said that the comedian had bloodshot eyes and smelled like alcohol after he was pulled over. He said, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," during the arrest. "I think as an African American anytime you see police lights and coming toward you say sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry. Whether you're guilty or not," he commented.
Rawlings was charged with two counts of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and one count of operating a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol. He is set to appear in court in August.
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video