Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch Could Be 'True Detective' Season 2 Leads
Following writer Nic Pizzolatto's revelation that the second season of "True Detective" will have four main characters, names are being thrown in. Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch are reportedly in talks to join the HBO show.
Per Deadline, Farrell is "deep in negotiations to play one of what is expected to be three main roles in Season 2". Pizzolatto has recently corrected this by telling The Daily Beast, "That ballooned a little bit. I would say there are four central roles."
Meanwhile, Kitsch's casting was reported by The Wrap. HBO refused to confirm any of the reports as rumors also swirled that Jessica Chastain and Brad Pitt were among the potential leads. However, Pizzolatto had personally denied Chastain and Pitt's casting. A spokeswoman for the network also said, "We have no confirmation on casting for 'True Detective'."
HBO programming president Michael Lombardo said at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills on Thursday, July 10, that there would be "well-known names" in the cast list although "[casting stars] wasn't our ambition." He additionally confirmed that the cast would be announced as soon as next week.
"True Detective" has been getting the buzz after receiving multiple Primetime Emmy nominations including Outstanding Drama Series.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says