Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch Could Be 'True Detective' Season 2 Leads
Following writer Nic Pizzolatto's revelation that the second season of "True Detective" will have four main characters, names are being thrown in. Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch are reportedly in talks to join the HBO show.
Per Deadline, Farrell is "deep in negotiations to play one of what is expected to be three main roles in Season 2". Pizzolatto has recently corrected this by telling The Daily Beast, "That ballooned a little bit. I would say there are four central roles."
Meanwhile, Kitsch's casting was reported by The Wrap. HBO refused to confirm any of the reports as rumors also swirled that Jessica Chastain and Brad Pitt were among the potential leads. However, Pizzolatto had personally denied Chastain and Pitt's casting. A spokeswoman for the network also said, "We have no confirmation on casting for 'True Detective'."
HBO programming president Michael Lombardo said at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills on Thursday, July 10, that there would be "well-known names" in the cast list although "[casting stars] wasn't our ambition." He additionally confirmed that the cast would be announced as soon as next week.
"True Detective" has been getting the buzz after receiving multiple Primetime Emmy nominations including Outstanding Drama Series.
More True Detective News
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?