Meek Mill Sentenced to 3 to 6 Months in Prison
Meek Mill reportedly will stay in jail for three to six months after he violated his probation. According to Philadelphia Inquirer, the rapper appeared in court on Friday, July 11 when the judge handed him the decision which stemmed from a 2009 drug and gun conviction.
"After all these years of me trying to help him move his career forward... I believe this defendant is basically thumbing his nose at me," Judge Genece E. Brinkley was quoted as saying. Mill apparently has been disputing the terms of his probation with probation officers. He scheduled shows during time when the judge told him not to and badmouthed a probation officer and assistant district attorney on Twitter.
He reportedly also posed with a gun alongside four other men. However, his lawyer Gary Silver said that it was a prop during a photo shoot.
Mill tried to persuade the judge during the 4-hour court session. "It took me 15 years to get here and this will be extremely damaging to my life," he said, arguing that he needed to continue working to support his mother, sister, son and some friends.
The 27-year-old star's scheduled appearance on Friday night in Washington, D.C. was scrapped following his legal problems. "He's not going to make that concert tonight," Brinkley said.
More Meek Mill News
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman