Meek Mill Sentenced to 3 to 6 Months in Prison
Meek Mill reportedly will stay in jail for three to six months after he violated his probation. According to Philadelphia Inquirer, the rapper appeared in court on Friday, July 11 when the judge handed him the decision which stemmed from a 2009 drug and gun conviction.
"After all these years of me trying to help him move his career forward... I believe this defendant is basically thumbing his nose at me," Judge Genece E. Brinkley was quoted as saying. Mill apparently has been disputing the terms of his probation with probation officers. He scheduled shows during time when the judge told him not to and badmouthed a probation officer and assistant district attorney on Twitter.
He reportedly also posed with a gun alongside four other men. However, his lawyer Gary Silver said that it was a prop during a photo shoot.
Mill tried to persuade the judge during the 4-hour court session. "It took me 15 years to get here and this will be extremely damaging to my life," he said, arguing that he needed to continue working to support his mother, sister, son and some friends.
The 27-year-old star's scheduled appearance on Friday night in Washington, D.C. was scrapped following his legal problems. "He's not going to make that concert tonight," Brinkley said.
More Meek Mill News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding