Meek Mill Sentenced to 3 to 6 Months in Prison
Meek Mill reportedly will stay in jail for three to six months after he violated his probation. According to Philadelphia Inquirer, the rapper appeared in court on Friday, July 11 when the judge handed him the decision which stemmed from a 2009 drug and gun conviction.
"After all these years of me trying to help him move his career forward... I believe this defendant is basically thumbing his nose at me," Judge Genece E. Brinkley was quoted as saying. Mill apparently has been disputing the terms of his probation with probation officers. He scheduled shows during time when the judge told him not to and badmouthed a probation officer and assistant district attorney on Twitter.
He reportedly also posed with a gun alongside four other men. However, his lawyer Gary Silver said that it was a prop during a photo shoot.
Mill tried to persuade the judge during the 4-hour court session. "It took me 15 years to get here and this will be extremely damaging to my life," he said, arguing that he needed to continue working to support his mother, sister, son and some friends.
The 27-year-old star's scheduled appearance on Friday night in Washington, D.C. was scrapped following his legal problems. "He's not going to make that concert tonight," Brinkley said.
More Meek Mill News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny