'Badlands' Gets Straight-to Series Order From AMC
AMC has given "Badlands" a vote of confidence, ordering the martial arts drama straight to series. The network announced on Friday, July 11 that six one-hour episodes of "Badlands" would air in either late 2015 or early 2016.
"Badlands" hails from "Smallville" duo Al Gough and Miles Millar who also celebrated another straight-to-series order on Friday when MTV committed to 10 episodes of "Shannara" adaptation. "Badlands" is loosely based on the classic Chinese tale "Journey to the West". It tells the story of a great warrior and a young boy who embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment.
"We are incredibly excited to help Al and Miles, as well as Stacey and Michael from Double Feature to bring Badlands to life," Joel Stillerman, AMC's executive vice president of original programming, production and digital content, said. "This creative team has so much expertise in bringing a fresh take to classic genres from their film and television experience, and their take on martial arts will be no exception. Along with a beautiful story, they've also assembled the A-Team of martial arts fight choreography in Daniel Wu and Stephen Fung."
"Badlands" is one of the only shows on AMC to get straight-to-series order. The network had previously given the same treatment to "The Walking Dead" and the upcoming "Breaking Bad" prequel "Better Call Saul".
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed