'Badlands' Gets Straight-to Series Order From AMC
AMC has given "Badlands" a vote of confidence, ordering the martial arts drama straight to series. The network announced on Friday, July 11 that six one-hour episodes of "Badlands" would air in either late 2015 or early 2016.
"Badlands" hails from "Smallville" duo Al Gough and Miles Millar who also celebrated another straight-to-series order on Friday when MTV committed to 10 episodes of "Shannara" adaptation. "Badlands" is loosely based on the classic Chinese tale "Journey to the West". It tells the story of a great warrior and a young boy who embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment.
"We are incredibly excited to help Al and Miles, as well as Stacey and Michael from Double Feature to bring Badlands to life," Joel Stillerman, AMC's executive vice president of original programming, production and digital content, said. "This creative team has so much expertise in bringing a fresh take to classic genres from their film and television experience, and their take on martial arts will be no exception. Along with a beautiful story, they've also assembled the A-Team of martial arts fight choreography in Daniel Wu and Stephen Fung."
"Badlands" is one of the only shows on AMC to get straight-to-series order. The network had previously given the same treatment to "The Walking Dead" and the upcoming "Breaking Bad" prequel "Better Call Saul".
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift