'Badlands' Gets Straight-to Series Order From AMC
AMC has given "Badlands" a vote of confidence, ordering the martial arts drama straight to series. The network announced on Friday, July 11 that six one-hour episodes of "Badlands" would air in either late 2015 or early 2016.
"Badlands" hails from "Smallville" duo Al Gough and Miles Millar who also celebrated another straight-to-series order on Friday when MTV committed to 10 episodes of "Shannara" adaptation. "Badlands" is loosely based on the classic Chinese tale "Journey to the West". It tells the story of a great warrior and a young boy who embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment.
"We are incredibly excited to help Al and Miles, as well as Stacey and Michael from Double Feature to bring Badlands to life," Joel Stillerman, AMC's executive vice president of original programming, production and digital content, said. "This creative team has so much expertise in bringing a fresh take to classic genres from their film and television experience, and their take on martial arts will be no exception. Along with a beautiful story, they've also assembled the A-Team of martial arts fight choreography in Daniel Wu and Stephen Fung."
"Badlands" is one of the only shows on AMC to get straight-to-series order. The network had previously given the same treatment to "The Walking Dead" and the upcoming "Breaking Bad" prequel "Better Call Saul".
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars