George Clooney Rejects Daily Mail's Apology Over Report About His Fiancee
George Clooney has responded to Daily Mail's apology following their report about his fiancee's mother. The "Gravity" actor penned another op-ed for USA Today, published on Friday, July 11, in which he insisted that the paper wrote a "fabricated" report and that he did not accept their apology.
Clooney has been fighting the paper after they published a report claiming that his fiancee Amal Alamuddin's mother was against their plan to get married due to religious reasons. In his first op-ed, the star of "The Monuments Men" said that it was not true.
In the piece published on Friday, he additionally mentioned the conflicting statements written by the paper. Their statement of apology, for example, mentioned that the report "based the story on conversations with senior members of the Lebanese community," but the original piece only mentioned "a family friend" as the source. He also quoted sentences from a previous report dated in April that his fiancee's father Ramzi "married outside the Druze faith" and that her mother Baria "is not Druze."
"So either they were lying originally or they're lying now," he added. "I thank the Mail for its apology. Not that I would ever accept it, but because in doing so they've exposed themselves as the worst kind of tabloid."
More George Clooney News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says