George Clooney Rejects Daily Mail's Apology Over Report About His Fiancee
George Clooney has responded to Daily Mail's apology following their report about his fiancee's mother. The "Gravity" actor penned another op-ed for USA Today, published on Friday, July 11, in which he insisted that the paper wrote a "fabricated" report and that he did not accept their apology.
Clooney has been fighting the paper after they published a report claiming that his fiancee Amal Alamuddin's mother was against their plan to get married due to religious reasons. In his first op-ed, the star of "The Monuments Men" said that it was not true.
In the piece published on Friday, he additionally mentioned the conflicting statements written by the paper. Their statement of apology, for example, mentioned that the report "based the story on conversations with senior members of the Lebanese community," but the original piece only mentioned "a family friend" as the source. He also quoted sentences from a previous report dated in April that his fiancee's father Ramzi "married outside the Druze faith" and that her mother Baria "is not Druze."
"So either they were lying originally or they're lying now," he added. "I thank the Mail for its apology. Not that I would ever accept it, but because in doing so they've exposed themselves as the worst kind of tabloid."
More George Clooney News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie