George Clooney Rejects Daily Mail's Apology Over Report About His Fiancee
George Clooney has responded to Daily Mail's apology following their report about his fiancee's mother. The "Gravity" actor penned another op-ed for USA Today, published on Friday, July 11, in which he insisted that the paper wrote a "fabricated" report and that he did not accept their apology.
Clooney has been fighting the paper after they published a report claiming that his fiancee Amal Alamuddin's mother was against their plan to get married due to religious reasons. In his first op-ed, the star of "The Monuments Men" said that it was not true.
In the piece published on Friday, he additionally mentioned the conflicting statements written by the paper. Their statement of apology, for example, mentioned that the report "based the story on conversations with senior members of the Lebanese community," but the original piece only mentioned "a family friend" as the source. He also quoted sentences from a previous report dated in April that his fiancee's father Ramzi "married outside the Druze faith" and that her mother Baria "is not Druze."
"So either they were lying originally or they're lying now," he added. "I thank the Mail for its apology. Not that I would ever accept it, but because in doing so they've exposed themselves as the worst kind of tabloid."
More George Clooney News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy