Jennifer Lopez Takes 'Me and My Girl' Selfie With First Lady Michelle Obama
Jennifer Lopez took to her Instagram account to proudly post a close-up selfie showing herself and the First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama, smiling widely next to each other on July 11. Jennifer was wearing a pale pink lacey outfit, while Michelle Obama was in a white and blue floral dress. The singer captioned the selfie with, "Me and my girl @flotus at #LULAC National convention for the empowerment of Latinos. #represent #keynotespeaker #introingthekeynotespeaker #dreambig."
J.Lo spoke to more than 1,500 Latino leaders from across the country and Puerto Rico at the luncheon held by LULAC, which stands for League of United Latin American Citizens, at Hilton hotel in Midtown, Manhattan. She was tasked with making introduction of Michelle Obama in the organization's 85th annual national convention.
The organization seeks to improve the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, health, and civil rights of the Hispanic population in the United States through community- based programs. More than 20,000 people including top leaders from government, business and the Hispanic community were expected to participate in the four-day convention.
"One of the reasons I'm excited today about introducing Mrs. Obama is because we're passionate about the same things," the superstar said.
Following the luncheon, the "On the Floor" singer hosted a private screening for her upcoming series "Los Jets", which will premiere on Nuvo TV on July 16. The six-part documentary will focus on Latin immigrants in an underdog high school soccer team in North Carolina both on and off the field. The series will follow their journey facing hardships toward victory.
"We've been developing this for a while and it's ready now," the 44-year-old singer told the Daily News. "It is about the American dream and social and politic issues," J.Lo explained, "but also about just wanting to belong."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle