HBO Is Unsure About 'The Comeback' Future, Sets Premiere Date for 'Boardwalk Empire' Final Season
The return of Lisa Kudrow's "The Comeback" was one of the highlights at HBO panel during the TCA summer press tour on Thursday, July 10. Saying that they "found a different way to get [Kudrow's Valerie] in front of the camera," co-creator Michael Patrick King revealed that the revived comedy would open with an intro catching viewers up on what's happened in the gap between the previous and the new season.
King admitted it's hard to do the show with his and Kudrow's busy schedules. "Even if we wanted to [do it before], it just seemed impossible," he said. "I'm not even sure how we did it this time."
When asked if HBO would give another season to the cult comedy series, HBO programming exec Casey Bloys seemed reluctant to commit. "Could it happen? Maybe," he replied, adding, "It's really hard to say."
While HBO is still uncertain about the future of "The Comeback", the network knows for sure when "Boardwalk Empire" will return for its final season. The period drama will debut its fifth installment on Sunday, September 7.
Speaking at the NYC junket for his new film "I Origins", former star Michael Pitt shared how he would like to see the series come to an end. "I think my son should assassinate Nucky Thompson," the actor who portrayed Jimmy Darmody said. "My son is about 11 now. Yeah, he needs assassinate Nucky."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame