HBO Is Unsure About 'The Comeback' Future, Sets Premiere Date for 'Boardwalk Empire' Final Season
The return of Lisa Kudrow's "The Comeback" was one of the highlights at HBO panel during the TCA summer press tour on Thursday, July 10. Saying that they "found a different way to get [Kudrow's Valerie] in front of the camera," co-creator Michael Patrick King revealed that the revived comedy would open with an intro catching viewers up on what's happened in the gap between the previous and the new season.
King admitted it's hard to do the show with his and Kudrow's busy schedules. "Even if we wanted to [do it before], it just seemed impossible," he said. "I'm not even sure how we did it this time."
When asked if HBO would give another season to the cult comedy series, HBO programming exec Casey Bloys seemed reluctant to commit. "Could it happen? Maybe," he replied, adding, "It's really hard to say."
While HBO is still uncertain about the future of "The Comeback", the network knows for sure when "Boardwalk Empire" will return for its final season. The period drama will debut its fifth installment on Sunday, September 7.
Speaking at the NYC junket for his new film "I Origins", former star Michael Pitt shared how he would like to see the series come to an end. "I think my son should assassinate Nucky Thompson," the actor who portrayed Jimmy Darmody said. "My son is about 11 now. Yeah, he needs assassinate Nucky."
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch