HBO Is Unsure About 'The Comeback' Future, Sets Premiere Date for 'Boardwalk Empire' Final Season
The return of Lisa Kudrow's "The Comeback" was one of the highlights at HBO panel during the TCA summer press tour on Thursday, July 10. Saying that they "found a different way to get [Kudrow's Valerie] in front of the camera," co-creator Michael Patrick King revealed that the revived comedy would open with an intro catching viewers up on what's happened in the gap between the previous and the new season.
King admitted it's hard to do the show with his and Kudrow's busy schedules. "Even if we wanted to [do it before], it just seemed impossible," he said. "I'm not even sure how we did it this time."
When asked if HBO would give another season to the cult comedy series, HBO programming exec Casey Bloys seemed reluctant to commit. "Could it happen? Maybe," he replied, adding, "It's really hard to say."
While HBO is still uncertain about the future of "The Comeback", the network knows for sure when "Boardwalk Empire" will return for its final season. The period drama will debut its fifth installment on Sunday, September 7.
Speaking at the NYC junket for his new film "I Origins", former star Michael Pitt shared how he would like to see the series come to an end. "I think my son should assassinate Nucky Thompson," the actor who portrayed Jimmy Darmody said. "My son is about 11 now. Yeah, he needs assassinate Nucky."
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?