John Legend Premieres 'You and I (Nobody in the World)' Music Video
John Legend has premiered the official music video for his latest single, "You & I (Nobody in the World)". The singer helps promote positive body image with the simple-but-beautiful clip that features a bunch of women of all races, ages and sizes with their respective flaws looking at themselves in the mirror.
Legend's wife Chrissy Teigen appears at the beginning of the four-minute visuals, which later gives glimpses at a woman trying on clothes, a young girl getting her ears pierced, a pregnant lady showing off her baby bump and another woman crying while removing her bra to reveal her mastectomy.
"Orange Is the New Black" star Laverne Cox also stars in it. The transgender actress is seen wiping off make up from her face.
"You & I" is the latest single to be lifted off Legend's newest album, "Love in the Future". The track serves as the follow-up to his chart-topping ballad "All of Me".
Legend has launched #OperationGirl Charity Challenge, a fundraising campaign for charities focused on women and girls. "We live in a world where egregious injustices occur regularly against girls and women. We have a responsibility to take action and disrupt the conditions that allow for such tragedies to occur," he said of his involvement in a statement.
"Through #OperationGirl we hope to amplify the voices and impact of the many organizations doing great work on behalf of girls and women," he added.
More John Legend News
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'