Reese Witherspoon Endures the 'Wild' in First Trailer
In "Wild", Reese Witherspoon took on a role that she has never been seen in before. The Oscar winner portrays Cheryl Strayed in the film adaptation of the 2012 best-seller "Wild: From Lost to Found", going on a 1,100-mile trek through the Pacific Crest Trail.
First trailer of the movie sees Witherspoon carrying a heavy backpack and surviving through blistering heat and freezing weather. It also includes scenes from her past where she coped up with the death of her mother and then the breakup of her marriage.
Strayed tries to regain her mojo by taking on an 1,100-mile solo hike along the Pacific Crest Trail from the Mojave Desert through California and Oregon to Washington State. Despite no experience in long-distance hiking, she succeeded and in the process pulled herself back together.
"Wild" is directed by Jean-Marc Vallee, who helmed the Oscar-winning drama "Dallas Buyers Club". Nick Hornby wrote the script. "We wanted to see Reese out there, not vain at all, not concerned with her image, and she went for it," Vallee told Entertainment Weekly. "Wait until you see her in the film. It's a new Reese."
"Wild" bows in U.S. theaters on December 5.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation