Reese Witherspoon Endures the 'Wild' in First Trailer
In "Wild", Reese Witherspoon took on a role that she has never been seen in before. The Oscar winner portrays Cheryl Strayed in the film adaptation of the 2012 best-seller "Wild: From Lost to Found", going on a 1,100-mile trek through the Pacific Crest Trail.
First trailer of the movie sees Witherspoon carrying a heavy backpack and surviving through blistering heat and freezing weather. It also includes scenes from her past where she coped up with the death of her mother and then the breakup of her marriage.
Strayed tries to regain her mojo by taking on an 1,100-mile solo hike along the Pacific Crest Trail from the Mojave Desert through California and Oregon to Washington State. Despite no experience in long-distance hiking, she succeeded and in the process pulled herself back together.
"Wild" is directed by Jean-Marc Vallee, who helmed the Oscar-winning drama "Dallas Buyers Club". Nick Hornby wrote the script. "We wanted to see Reese out there, not vain at all, not concerned with her image, and she went for it," Vallee told Entertainment Weekly. "Wait until you see her in the film. It's a new Reese."
"Wild" bows in U.S. theaters on December 5.
More Wild News
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly