Novak Djokovic Marries Jelena Ristic
A few days after winning the Wimbledon title, Novak Djokovic had another big moment in his life. According to Us Weekly, the tennis star has married his fiancee Jelena Ristic in Montenegro. Djokovic flew to Montenegro a few hours after defeating Roger Federer at the Sunday, July 6 match.
The couple's nuptials took place at a five-star resort Aman Sveti Stefan on Thursday July 10. According to the report, the civil ceremony was held in front of 250 friends and family members at around 6 P.M. Djokovic and Ristic will hold a private church wedding on Saturday.
The 27-year-old Serbian athlete and Ristic are currently expecting their first child together. "Jelena is pregnant!!!We will be parents soon! #blessed," he tweeted in April.
"I would like to dedicate it to my future wife and our future baby," he said after the Wimbledon win. "I am going to become a father soon and it is the greatest joy in life. I would also like to dedicate it to my family and my team, and last but not least, to my first coach who taught me all the basics of tennis shots and how to behave, Jelena Gencic, who died last year."
Djokovic, who started dating Ristic in 2005, also shared a photo of them and their dogs after the game against Federer which took place at the All England Lawn Tennis Club. "My precious little family :) #WimbledonChampion #Love," he captioned it.
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer