Novak Djokovic Marries Jelena Ristic
A few days after winning the Wimbledon title, Novak Djokovic had another big moment in his life. According to Us Weekly, the tennis star has married his fiancee Jelena Ristic in Montenegro. Djokovic flew to Montenegro a few hours after defeating Roger Federer at the Sunday, July 6 match.
The couple's nuptials took place at a five-star resort Aman Sveti Stefan on Thursday July 10. According to the report, the civil ceremony was held in front of 250 friends and family members at around 6 P.M. Djokovic and Ristic will hold a private church wedding on Saturday.
The 27-year-old Serbian athlete and Ristic are currently expecting their first child together. "Jelena is pregnant!!!We will be parents soon! #blessed," he tweeted in April.
"I would like to dedicate it to my future wife and our future baby," he said after the Wimbledon win. "I am going to become a father soon and it is the greatest joy in life. I would also like to dedicate it to my family and my team, and last but not least, to my first coach who taught me all the basics of tennis shots and how to behave, Jelena Gencic, who died last year."
Djokovic, who started dating Ristic in 2005, also shared a photo of them and their dogs after the game against Federer which took place at the All England Lawn Tennis Club. "My precious little family :) #WimbledonChampion #Love," he captioned it.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance