Novak Djokovic Marries Jelena Ristic
A few days after winning the Wimbledon title, Novak Djokovic had another big moment in his life. According to Us Weekly, the tennis star has married his fiancee Jelena Ristic in Montenegro. Djokovic flew to Montenegro a few hours after defeating Roger Federer at the Sunday, July 6 match.
The couple's nuptials took place at a five-star resort Aman Sveti Stefan on Thursday July 10. According to the report, the civil ceremony was held in front of 250 friends and family members at around 6 P.M. Djokovic and Ristic will hold a private church wedding on Saturday.
The 27-year-old Serbian athlete and Ristic are currently expecting their first child together. "Jelena is pregnant!!!We will be parents soon! #blessed," he tweeted in April.
"I would like to dedicate it to my future wife and our future baby," he said after the Wimbledon win. "I am going to become a father soon and it is the greatest joy in life. I would also like to dedicate it to my family and my team, and last but not least, to my first coach who taught me all the basics of tennis shots and how to behave, Jelena Gencic, who died last year."
Djokovic, who started dating Ristic in 2005, also shared a photo of them and their dogs after the game against Federer which took place at the All England Lawn Tennis Club. "My precious little family :) #WimbledonChampion #Love," he captioned it.
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch
- Justin Bieber Previews New Song 'Close to You'
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump