'Fast and Furious 7' Wraps Up Filming, Filmmakers Post Heartfelt Message
The long and emotional journey of filming "Fast and Furious 7" came to an end on Thursday, July 10. The film, which lost one of its lead stars Paul Walker in November last year, wrapped up its production on the eve of its original release date.
To mark the milestone, the filmmakers made an announcement on Facebook along with heartfelt message for the fans. "We made it. Today we completed the last shot in the production of 'Fast & Furious 7'," the message read. "We wanted to take this moment to express how thankful we are for your support. We felt the love and strength from our fans throughout this journey, and it's because of you that we got here."
They also released a photo of star Vin Diesel sitting on a guardrail and looking to the side. "Our FAST family has been together for almost fifteen years now and has grown a lot in that time. From the start, Vin has been our leader who feels what's right for FAST in his gut and in his heart. When we had to stop production last year, Vin gathered us back together and moved us forward when we needed it most. He led us to this day," the message continued.
The film took a four-month hiatus after Walker's death. The actor had completed most of his scenes but not all. His brothers Caleb and Cody came on board to help with finishing the film.
"Fast and Furious 7" is slated for release April 3, 2015. It was initially scheduled to open on July 11 this year before the tragedy struck.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune