'Fast and Furious 7' Wraps Up Filming, Filmmakers Post Heartfelt Message
The long and emotional journey of filming "Fast and Furious 7" came to an end on Thursday, July 10. The film, which lost one of its lead stars Paul Walker in November last year, wrapped up its production on the eve of its original release date.
To mark the milestone, the filmmakers made an announcement on Facebook along with heartfelt message for the fans. "We made it. Today we completed the last shot in the production of 'Fast & Furious 7'," the message read. "We wanted to take this moment to express how thankful we are for your support. We felt the love and strength from our fans throughout this journey, and it's because of you that we got here."
They also released a photo of star Vin Diesel sitting on a guardrail and looking to the side. "Our FAST family has been together for almost fifteen years now and has grown a lot in that time. From the start, Vin has been our leader who feels what's right for FAST in his gut and in his heart. When we had to stop production last year, Vin gathered us back together and moved us forward when we needed it most. He led us to this day," the message continued.
The film took a four-month hiatus after Walker's death. The actor had completed most of his scenes but not all. His brothers Caleb and Cody came on board to help with finishing the film.
"Fast and Furious 7" is slated for release April 3, 2015. It was initially scheduled to open on July 11 this year before the tragedy struck.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3