Rosie O'Donnell Officially Returns to 'The View', Donald Trump Calls It 'a Good Move'
It's official; Rosie O'Donnell is back on "The View". The news is confirmed with a tweet posted on the show's official Twitter account. "It's official! ABC confirms Rosie O'Donnell returns as co-host of #TheView w/ moderator Whoopi Goldberg for Season 18," the tweet reads.
Donald Trump, who has been known as O'Donnell's nemesis, reacts to the news. "I think it's a good move on ABC's part," he says of her return to the ABC daytime talk show, but adds, "It'll have a short term positive effect."
He goes on explaining, "The show has really missed not having Barbara (Walters) on it. With that said, it'll have a short term positive impact, but then you have the long term. Rosie always self-destructs."
Showing his dislike for the opinionated host, he adds, "I think she's got a great agent - anyone with so many failures that can go back again and again is amazing to me. It's very sad after the catastrophe that took place when she quit after she was mentally beaten up by Elisabeth (Hasselbeck). Her show on OWN was a catastrophe, Barbara hates her."
Trump says he would welcome an invitation to appear as a guest on the show to duke it out with O'Donnell. "I love Whoopi, who is still on, and I would go on," he tells NY Daily News. "Barbara is a dear friend and I just did the show last week. It wouldn't bother me. In fact, it would be the hottest show of the week. I'm the first one they'll think of."
There are still some vacant seats on "The View" as Jenny McCarthy and Sherri Shepherd have announced that they will not return next season, and Barbara Walters retired in May. Sources say Meghan McCain, the daughter of John McCain, is in serious contention to join the show.
More The View News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences