Beyonce and Jay-Z's 'On the Run' Tour Gets HBO Special
Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z's first joint tour is worthy of an HBO special. The network's programming president Michael Lombardo announced on Thursday, July 10 at the Television Critics Association summer press tour that they will present "On the Run Tour: Beyonce and Jay Z" in September.
The tour began June 26 in Miami but the special will focus on the couple's upcoming September 12 and 13 concerts at Paris' Stade de France. These dates are the only international leg of their current tour. "This is a major musical event that belongs on HBO. It's going to be a night to remember," Lombardo said in a statement.
Beyonce and Jay-Z will perform more than 40 songs at the concerts. "The coordination is not just remarkable, it's the absolute best way that two of the world's best performers can deliver a show that proves why they are on top together," Lombardo said.
Although this would their first collaborative HBO special, Beyonce and Jay-Z have each been featured in an HBO special before. Beyonce's 10-episode series "Beyonce: X10" debuted on June 29 while Jay-Z's "Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film" premiered last August.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture