Beyonce and Jay-Z's 'On the Run' Tour Gets HBO Special
Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z's first joint tour is worthy of an HBO special. The network's programming president Michael Lombardo announced on Thursday, July 10 at the Television Critics Association summer press tour that they will present "On the Run Tour: Beyonce and Jay Z" in September.
The tour began June 26 in Miami but the special will focus on the couple's upcoming September 12 and 13 concerts at Paris' Stade de France. These dates are the only international leg of their current tour. "This is a major musical event that belongs on HBO. It's going to be a night to remember," Lombardo said in a statement.
Beyonce and Jay-Z will perform more than 40 songs at the concerts. "The coordination is not just remarkable, it's the absolute best way that two of the world's best performers can deliver a show that proves why they are on top together," Lombardo said.
Although this would their first collaborative HBO special, Beyonce and Jay-Z have each been featured in an HBO special before. Beyonce's 10-episode series "Beyonce: X10" debuted on June 29 while Jay-Z's "Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film" premiered last August.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama