Poignant and Touching First Trailer of Angelina Jolie-Directed 'Unbroken'
A touching trailer of "Unbroken" has been released. The war drama is directed by Angelina Jolie based on the true story of World War II hero and former Olympic distance runner Louis Zamperini.
A sneak peek into the film had actually been released earlier this year with Zamperini recounting his life story. This new trailer exposes more footage from how he became a runner and competed at the Olympics to how he survived the World War II.
Zamperini enlisted in the Air Force after war broke out in 1941. Along with two other crewmen, he survived in a raft for 47 days after a near-fatal plane crash -only to be caught by the Japanese Navy and sent to a prisoner-of-war camp. He survived the brutal imprisonment for two years. "If I can take it, I can make it," he said in the trailer. Zamperini passed away last week on July 2 at the age of 97.
Ethan Coen, Joel Coen, Richard LaGravenese and William Nicholson co-wrote the script, adapting it from Laura Hillenbrand's enormously popular book, "Unbroken". British actor Jack O'Connell stars as Louis, supported by such actors as Garrett Hedlund, Domhnall Gleeson and Jai Courtney. The pic will hit theaters December 25.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'