Gisele Bundchen to Carry 2014 World Cup Trophy at Finals
Gisele Bundchen was selected to escort 2014 World Cup trophy to the field before the final match on July 13. FIFA and Louis Vuitton announced that Carles Puyol from Spain's 2010 Cup-winning team would accompany the wife of NFL player Tom Brady at Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The trophy is made from 18-carat solid gold and malachite, while the case was designed by Louis Vuitton with brown monogrammed LV canvas pattern, brass locks and fittings. In 2010, FIFA commisioned the trophy case, which was made in the historic Asnieres workshop that produced various custom-made treasures in the period of its 150-year history.
A spokesperson for Maison Louis Vuitton revealed their reason to choose Gisele as the World Cup trophy's carrier, "She's the natural choice as she epitomizes the Brazilian woman and spreading her country's colors all over the world."
Meanwhile, Giselle is ready for her upcoming modelling schedule. She has been chosen as a model for Isabel Marant and Balenciaga for Autumn/Winter 2014 and as a new face of Chanel No.5.
More Gisele Bundchen News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie