Gisele Bundchen to Carry 2014 World Cup Trophy at Finals
Gisele Bundchen was selected to escort 2014 World Cup trophy to the field before the final match on July 13. FIFA and Louis Vuitton announced that Carles Puyol from Spain's 2010 Cup-winning team would accompany the wife of NFL player Tom Brady at Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The trophy is made from 18-carat solid gold and malachite, while the case was designed by Louis Vuitton with brown monogrammed LV canvas pattern, brass locks and fittings. In 2010, FIFA commisioned the trophy case, which was made in the historic Asnieres workshop that produced various custom-made treasures in the period of its 150-year history.
A spokesperson for Maison Louis Vuitton revealed their reason to choose Gisele as the World Cup trophy's carrier, "She's the natural choice as she epitomizes the Brazilian woman and spreading her country's colors all over the world."
Meanwhile, Giselle is ready for her upcoming modelling schedule. She has been chosen as a model for Isabel Marant and Balenciaga for Autumn/Winter 2014 and as a new face of Chanel No.5.
More Gisele Bundchen News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special