Gary Oldman Missed 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' NY Premiere Due to Family Emergency
At the "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" premiere in Brooklyn, New York on Tuesday, July 8, Gary Oldman was missing among the stars in attendance. It has just been reported that the actor couldn't attend the event because of a family emergency.
According to Page Six, the James Gordon in Christopher Nolan's "Batman" trilogy had flown into New York for the special screening, but had to fly out Tuesday morning due to the unexpected situation which is not disclosed. He also missed several planned TV appearances.
Meanwhile, Oldman's co-stars Andy Serkis and Keri Russell were on hand for the premiere hosted by the Cinema Society at Williamsburg Cinemas. The star of "The Americans" looked chic in an all-black outfit that consisted of a lace tank with a plunging neckline, pointed toe pumps, and leather parachute pants. Serkis also opted for a casual style with a black shirt and suit paired with jeans.
Other celebrities supporting the event included Dana Delany, Bridget Moynahan, Teresa Moore, Nico Tortorella and Alex Karpovsky.
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" takes place ten years after a deadly virus unleashed, leading to the collapse of human civilization. When a growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors, they reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.
Caesar is motion-captured again by Serkis. Matt Reeves takes the director's seat for the action, sci-fi flick, which is set to open in theaters nationwide on July 11.
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" NY Premiere:
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie