Angelina Jolie Says Sexual Violence Is 'the Silent Killer' and 'A Crime Against Humanity'
Angelina Jolie and five passionate leaders from all over the world posed together at the Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict in London for Glamour magazine's latest issue. The five world leaders, who worked together with Angelina, are Julienne Lusenge, Jineth Bedoya, Zainab Bangura, Suraya Pakzad, and Whaku Shee.
In an interview with the magazine, Angelina talked about sexual violence in many countries she had travelled to, saying, "Everywhere I went, rape was the silent killer. But it became quickly clear to me that these women were not just the collateral damage of war. Rape was a strategic, organized scheme to destroy entire communities."
Angelina commented on her group which includes the five leaders, "We care for each other-and for each other's children. It is a profound source of joy and inspiration." One of the leaders, Zainab, praised Angelina, "I have never seen anybody so committed. I have been with her at the United Nations. I have walked with her in the Congo. She understands the issues very well, but more important, she listens."
The "Maleficent" actress told the magazine about the importance of battling against sexual violence, "This is not a woman problem. It's a crime against humanity."
More Angelina Jolie News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Gets Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed