OneRepublic Previews 'The Giver' Original Song 'Ordinary Human'
OneRepublic confirms they've penned and recorded an original song for "The Giver". The band has also previewed the new track, titled "Ordinary Human", along with its accompanying music video that features some never-before-seen footage of the upcoming movie. The track is scheduled to be released on iTunes on July 22.
"The Giver" is based on the 1993 novel of same title by Lois Lowry. It centers on 16-year-old Jonas (Brenton Thwaites) who lives in a perfect world where there is no war, pain, suffering or differences. As he begins to spend time with The Giver (Jeff Bridges), who is the sole keeper of all the community's memories, Jonas quickly begins to discover the dark and deadly truths of his community's secret past.
Directed by Phillip Noyce, it also stars Meryl Streep, Alexander Skarsgard, Odeya Rush, Katie Holmes and Taylor Swift. In a new interview with MTV, Lowry revealed that Swift would have a "small but important" role in the sci-fi flick that's opening in the U.S. on August 15.
"The role in the movie is still a small role, but it's a crucial and very important one," she said. "Her role in the movie is much the same in the book, except in the book she's only remembered... And in the movie you can see the memory of her. She appears in, I don't know the technical term would be, but you can see her. And it's very compelling."
The author refused to reveal which character Swift would play, but she said the country/pop superstar wouldn't be singing. "I will tell you, she does not sing. I don't know if it would be an appropriate thing for her to sing," she explained.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences