Insane Clown Posse Loses 'Gang' Lawsuit Over Juggalo
U.S. District Court judge Robert Cleland has decided that the FBI did nothing wrong after labeling Insane Clown Posse's fanbase, Juggalo, "loosely organized hybrid gang" in a 2011 report. The decision which was announced last week was made after the rap duo, backed by American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan, filed a lawsuit in January, claiming that their fans were unfairly targeted by police because of the classification.
In his ruling, judge Cleland said that the justice department was not responsible on how the national report of gangs was used. In the 14-page document, Cleland explained that the report "does not recommend any particular course of action for local law enforcement to follow, and instead operates as a descriptive, rather than prescriptive, assessment of nationwide gang trends."
In response to the ruling, ICP member Violent J and the ACLU said they would appeal. "This is not the end. We'll keep fighting to clear the Juggalo family name. While it is easy to fear what one does not understand, discrimination and bigotry against any group of people is just plain wrong and un-American," J said in a statement.
According to the FBI report, some people who claimed to be Juggalo were responsible for some crimes such as assaults and vandalism. A "small number" of them also committed more serious crime. Recent report did not mention the group.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says