Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett in Talks for Rathergate Movie 'Truth'
Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett are expected to team up in a true-story political drama "Truth". It's a movie based on the controversial Rathergate about six purported documents critical of President George W. Bush's service in the Air National Guard in 1970s.
According to Deadline, Redford will play CBS News icon Dan Rather and Blanchett who won Best Actress at this year's Oscar will portray his producer Mary Mapes. It's adapted from Mapes' 2005 memoir "Truth and Duty: The Press, The President, And the Privilege Of Power".
The film will center on the scandal that ensued during President Bush's re-election campaign after Rather reported on "60 Minutes II" that Mr. President had benefited from the powerful position of his father, then an ambassador and future president, to avoid service in Vietnam.
James Vanderbilt, the screenwriter behind the first two installments of "The Amazing Spider-Man" movies, will make his directorial debut with this flick.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed