Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett in Talks for Rathergate Movie 'Truth'
Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett are expected to team up in a true-story political drama "Truth". It's a movie based on the controversial Rathergate about six purported documents critical of President George W. Bush's service in the Air National Guard in 1970s.
According to Deadline, Redford will play CBS News icon Dan Rather and Blanchett who won Best Actress at this year's Oscar will portray his producer Mary Mapes. It's adapted from Mapes' 2005 memoir "Truth and Duty: The Press, The President, And the Privilege Of Power".
The film will center on the scandal that ensued during President Bush's re-election campaign after Rather reported on "60 Minutes II" that Mr. President had benefited from the powerful position of his father, then an ambassador and future president, to avoid service in Vietnam.
James Vanderbilt, the screenwriter behind the first two installments of "The Amazing Spider-Man" movies, will make his directorial debut with this flick.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart