Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett in Talks for Rathergate Movie 'Truth'
Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett are expected to team up in a true-story political drama "Truth". It's a movie based on the controversial Rathergate about six purported documents critical of President George W. Bush's service in the Air National Guard in 1970s.
According to Deadline, Redford will play CBS News icon Dan Rather and Blanchett who won Best Actress at this year's Oscar will portray his producer Mary Mapes. It's adapted from Mapes' 2005 memoir "Truth and Duty: The Press, The President, And the Privilege Of Power".
The film will center on the scandal that ensued during President Bush's re-election campaign after Rather reported on "60 Minutes II" that Mr. President had benefited from the powerful position of his father, then an ambassador and future president, to avoid service in Vietnam.
James Vanderbilt, the screenwriter behind the first two installments of "The Amazing Spider-Man" movies, will make his directorial debut with this flick.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group