Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett in Talks for Rathergate Movie 'Truth'
Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett are expected to team up in a true-story political drama "Truth". It's a movie based on the controversial Rathergate about six purported documents critical of President George W. Bush's service in the Air National Guard in 1970s.
According to Deadline, Redford will play CBS News icon Dan Rather and Blanchett who won Best Actress at this year's Oscar will portray his producer Mary Mapes. It's adapted from Mapes' 2005 memoir "Truth and Duty: The Press, The President, And the Privilege Of Power".
The film will center on the scandal that ensued during President Bush's re-election campaign after Rather reported on "60 Minutes II" that Mr. President had benefited from the powerful position of his father, then an ambassador and future president, to avoid service in Vietnam.
James Vanderbilt, the screenwriter behind the first two installments of "The Amazing Spider-Man" movies, will make his directorial debut with this flick.
More Truth News
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed