Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett in Talks for Rathergate Movie 'Truth'
Robert Redford and Cate Blanchett are expected to team up in a true-story political drama "Truth". It's a movie based on the controversial Rathergate about six purported documents critical of President George W. Bush's service in the Air National Guard in 1970s.
According to Deadline, Redford will play CBS News icon Dan Rather and Blanchett who won Best Actress at this year's Oscar will portray his producer Mary Mapes. It's adapted from Mapes' 2005 memoir "Truth and Duty: The Press, The President, And the Privilege Of Power".
The film will center on the scandal that ensued during President Bush's re-election campaign after Rather reported on "60 Minutes II" that Mr. President had benefited from the powerful position of his father, then an ambassador and future president, to avoid service in Vietnam.
James Vanderbilt, the screenwriter behind the first two installments of "The Amazing Spider-Man" movies, will make his directorial debut with this flick.
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo