AC/DC's Brian Johnson on Bandmate Malcolm Young: 'He's in Hospital But He's a Fighter'
Brian Johnson reveals that Malcolm Young is in hospital fighting illness in a new interview with Classic Rock magazine. Brian also says that he can't say too much about the matter because Malcom's a very private person.
Brian is being interviewed for the upcoming release of AC/DC's album when he reveals that the rhythm guitarist is battling with his sickness in the hospital. "We miss Malcolm, obviously. He's a fighter. He's in hospital but he's a fighter. We've got our fingers crossed that he'll get strong again," he says.
Malcolm, who founded AC/DC with his brother Angus in 1973, took a break from the band's activity after reportedly suffering from a stroke. His nephew, Stevie, who joined the band in 1988 during their "Blow Up Your Video" world tour, has been in the lineup again replacing the father-of-two during their recording session in Vancouver. "Stevie, Malcolm's nephew, was magnificent," Johnson adds, "but when you're recording with this thing hanging over you and your work mate isn't well, it's difficult."
However, Brian is optimistic about Malcolm's recovery. He says, "Im sure (Malcolm) was rooting for us. He's such a strong man. He's a small guy but he's very strong. He's proud and he's very private, so we can't say too much. But fingers crossed he'll be back."
The rocker also confirms that AC/DC's new album is done after a series of recording sessions in Vancouver. He says, "It was brilliant over there. We're done. I'm very excited and we've got some great songs." He considers calling the band's 15th studio album "Man Down", reflecting the sense of loss that overshadowed the band during the recording. "But it's a bit negative and it was probably just straight from the heart. I like that," he adds.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences