AC/DC's Brian Johnson on Bandmate Malcolm Young: 'He's in Hospital But He's a Fighter'
Brian Johnson reveals that Malcolm Young is in hospital fighting illness in a new interview with Classic Rock magazine. Brian also says that he can't say too much about the matter because Malcom's a very private person.
Brian is being interviewed for the upcoming release of AC/DC's album when he reveals that the rhythm guitarist is battling with his sickness in the hospital. "We miss Malcolm, obviously. He's a fighter. He's in hospital but he's a fighter. We've got our fingers crossed that he'll get strong again," he says.
Malcolm, who founded AC/DC with his brother Angus in 1973, took a break from the band's activity after reportedly suffering from a stroke. His nephew, Stevie, who joined the band in 1988 during their "Blow Up Your Video" world tour, has been in the lineup again replacing the father-of-two during their recording session in Vancouver. "Stevie, Malcolm's nephew, was magnificent," Johnson adds, "but when you're recording with this thing hanging over you and your work mate isn't well, it's difficult."
However, Brian is optimistic about Malcolm's recovery. He says, "Im sure (Malcolm) was rooting for us. He's such a strong man. He's a small guy but he's very strong. He's proud and he's very private, so we can't say too much. But fingers crossed he'll be back."
The rocker also confirms that AC/DC's new album is done after a series of recording sessions in Vancouver. He says, "It was brilliant over there. We're done. I'm very excited and we've got some great songs." He considers calling the band's 15th studio album "Man Down", reflecting the sense of loss that overshadowed the band during the recording. "But it's a bit negative and it was probably just straight from the heart. I like that," he adds.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie