Mel Gibson Talks About Downsides of Fame, Expresses His Sympathy for Shia LaBeouf
Mel Gibson talked about his career, which suffered setbacks after he got involved in various personal scandals, in an interview with IndieWire which was published on July 8. The 58-year-old actor also expressed his sympathy for Shia LaBeouf who recently was arrested for disorderly conduct.
The "Machete Kills" actor, who received a lifetime achievement award at Karlovy Vary Film Festival in Czech Republic, said about his downsides of fame, "You're a target. And you have to be really adept at tap dancing and dodging the bullets. And sometimes you get hit. Sometimes mortally. It's pretty bad."
Mel felt pity for Shia because he has dealt with problems which were similar to Shia's. Back in 2006, the director and producer of "The Passion of The Christ" was arrested for DUI and he was infamous for his anti-Semitic remarks during the arrest. He expressed his sympathy for the "Transformers" actor, "When I see someone like Shia LaBeouf with the bag on his head and stuff, my heart goes out to the poor guy. I think he's suffering in some way."
He continued, "Why would he do that? People are in line to sort of point the finger at him and say that he's this, that, or the other. It's easy to judge. But I'm sure he's going through some kind of personal, very painful, cathartic thing that he has to exorcise and get out there. He'll probably play it out and come back...He'll be all right. I actually like the kid. I think he's good."
Mel can be seen in upcoming movie "The Expendables 3". He stars along with Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li and Arnold Schwarzenegger. The action movie will be released in the U.S. on August 15.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences