First Look at Ian McKellen as Aging Sherlock Holmes in Upcoming Film
Ian McKellen shares on Twitter a picture of himself as an aging Sherlock Holmes in a movie previously titled "A Slight Trick of the Mind". "Over 70 actors have previously played Sherlock Holmes. Now he's 93 years old and it's my turn. #MrHolmes," wrote the actor who plays an older Magneto in "X-Men" franchise.
"Mr. Holmes" centers on a long-retired Sherlock Holmes haunted by an unsolved case from fifty years ago. He remembers only fragments: a confrontation with an angry husband, a secret bond with his beautiful but unstable wife. With his legendary mental powers on the wane, and without his old sidekick Watson, Holmes is faced with the toughest case of his life.
The movie is directed by Bill Condon ("Chicago", "Dreamgirls", "Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn"). Supported by Laura Linney, it is based on a novel by Mitch Cullin.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'