First Look at Ian McKellen as Aging Sherlock Holmes in Upcoming Film
Ian McKellen shares on Twitter a picture of himself as an aging Sherlock Holmes in a movie previously titled "A Slight Trick of the Mind". "Over 70 actors have previously played Sherlock Holmes. Now he's 93 years old and it's my turn. #MrHolmes," wrote the actor who plays an older Magneto in "X-Men" franchise.
"Mr. Holmes" centers on a long-retired Sherlock Holmes haunted by an unsolved case from fifty years ago. He remembers only fragments: a confrontation with an angry husband, a secret bond with his beautiful but unstable wife. With his legendary mental powers on the wane, and without his old sidekick Watson, Holmes is faced with the toughest case of his life.
The movie is directed by Bill Condon ("Chicago", "Dreamgirls", "Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn"). Supported by Laura Linney, it is based on a novel by Mitch Cullin.
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'