First Look at Ian McKellen as Aging Sherlock Holmes in Upcoming Film
Ian McKellen shares on Twitter a picture of himself as an aging Sherlock Holmes in a movie previously titled "A Slight Trick of the Mind". "Over 70 actors have previously played Sherlock Holmes. Now he's 93 years old and it's my turn. #MrHolmes," wrote the actor who plays an older Magneto in "X-Men" franchise.
"Mr. Holmes" centers on a long-retired Sherlock Holmes haunted by an unsolved case from fifty years ago. He remembers only fragments: a confrontation with an angry husband, a secret bond with his beautiful but unstable wife. With his legendary mental powers on the wane, and without his old sidekick Watson, Holmes is faced with the toughest case of his life.
The movie is directed by Bill Condon ("Chicago", "Dreamgirls", "Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn"). Supported by Laura Linney, it is based on a novel by Mitch Cullin.
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz
- Chris Brown Throws Pool Party for Daughter Royalty's Third Birthday
- Fifth Harmony Teases New Single With Mysterious Riddles on Snapchat
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Britney Spears Steps Out for Dinner Date With Beau Sam Asghari in Malibu
- Prince William Regrets That Princess Diana Will Never Meet His Family in Revealing Interview
- 'Paddington 2' First Teaser Sees the Return of the Beloved Peruvian Bear
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty