First Look at Ian McKellen as Aging Sherlock Holmes in Upcoming Film
Ian McKellen shares on Twitter a picture of himself as an aging Sherlock Holmes in a movie previously titled "A Slight Trick of the Mind". "Over 70 actors have previously played Sherlock Holmes. Now he's 93 years old and it's my turn. #MrHolmes," wrote the actor who plays an older Magneto in "X-Men" franchise.
"Mr. Holmes" centers on a long-retired Sherlock Holmes haunted by an unsolved case from fifty years ago. He remembers only fragments: a confrontation with an angry husband, a secret bond with his beautiful but unstable wife. With his legendary mental powers on the wane, and without his old sidekick Watson, Holmes is faced with the toughest case of his life.
The movie is directed by Bill Condon ("Chicago", "Dreamgirls", "Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn"). Supported by Laura Linney, it is based on a novel by Mitch Cullin.
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa