Frank Stallone Checks Into Rehab for Alcohol Abuse
Frank Stallone has been battling with alcohol addiction for sometime. On Wednesday, July 9, the manager of the American actor and singer/songwriter told PEOPLE that he's taking some time off to enter rehab at the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, California. "With the support of his friends and family, Frank is taking a much needed break from his professional activities to regroup and focus on his health and well-being," Randi Siegel said in a statement.
The actor will reportedly undergo a standard course of treatment at the center until he recovers from the addiction. "This opportunity will enable him to move forward in his career from a solid foundation," his manager added.
Sylvester Stallone is supporting his younger brother's decision to take a break from his career and enter rehab. A representative for "The Expendables" star said, "Sylvester Stallone supports his brother's decision and this process."
Frank is best known for his contribution to the "Staying Alive" soundtrack. He wrote and performed "Far From Over" which was nominated for Grammy and Golden Globe Award. The 63-year-old entertainer has appeared in many Hollywood films and television shows, including "Bad Ass" and 1990s science fiction "The Roller Blade Seven". His next appearance will be in upcoming films "Glory Days" and "Reach Me".
Frank is scheduled to appear at Vibrato jazz/dinner club on July 30 for his 64th birthday. There's no confirmation whether he will still attend the event.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift