First look at Adrien Brody as Harry Houdini on History's Miniseries
First look at Adrien Brody as Harry Houdini has been revealed through a promo video for History channel's "Houdini" miniseries. In the clip, the titular character reveals his biggest fears that include drowning, heights and crowds.
Though so, the magician won't let his fears get the best of him. "Some fears you face head-on. Some you take to your grave," he says, before removing a pair of handcuffs without using a key.
The four-hour miniseries will be produced by Lionsgate and A+E Studios. It will trace the arc of Houdini's life from desperate poverty to worldwide fame.
Brody said about playing the famous escape artist, "Since my childhood, when I dreamed of being a great magician, Harry Houdini has been one of my heroes. His bravery and obsessive determination still fascinate me. Houdini mastered the art of escape -- not only from physical chains, but from poverty and the social constraints of a humble immigrant origin. His life story appeals to the universal longing for acceptance with which we all can identify. To portray him is beyond an honor."
The two-night event begins September 1 at 9 P.M. ET.
At least two Houdini feature films are currently in the works. One is in development at Sony with Max Landis attached as director, and the other is a Summit thriller that "paints a picture of Houdini as a master spy."
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson