Garth Brooks Still Willing to Play Five Dublin Shows
Garth Brooks hasn't totally given up on his five shows at Dublin's Croke Park, which have all been scrapped after the city's council denied to approve permits for two of the gigs. Following the cancellation, the country star penned a letter to Peter Aiken of Aiken Promotions, telling him he's still hoping to play the concerts.
"I cannot begin to tell you how badly my heart is breaking right now," he said before explaining his all-or-nothing decision. "I hope you understand that to play for 400,000 people would be a dream, but to tell 160,000 of those people that they are not welcomed would be a nightmare. To do what the city manager suggests (play three shows and not all five) means I agree that is how people should be treated and I just can't agree to that."
He continued, "Our guys are still en route and if there is any chance that the five planned concerts can be salvaged and nobody is being let down then we can proceed as planned until the refunds begin. If you tell me, 'Garth, thanks but it's over.' I will cease my efforts and bring our people and gear back to the States."
"If you think for any reason that the 'powers that be' in Ireland can fix this, then I will faithfully go to the last second," he added. "Please let me know how to proceed." Refunds are scheduled to begin on Monday, July 14.
Brooks was originally set to play at Croke Park stadium on Friday, July 25 until Tuesday, July 29. The first three dates were given permission by the city council, while the rest two got axed in order to "minimize disruption to the neighborhood in which the concerts are to take place."
More Garth Brooks News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie