Garth Brooks Still Willing to Play Five Dublin Shows
Garth Brooks hasn't totally given up on his five shows at Dublin's Croke Park, which have all been scrapped after the city's council denied to approve permits for two of the gigs. Following the cancellation, the country star penned a letter to Peter Aiken of Aiken Promotions, telling him he's still hoping to play the concerts.
"I cannot begin to tell you how badly my heart is breaking right now," he said before explaining his all-or-nothing decision. "I hope you understand that to play for 400,000 people would be a dream, but to tell 160,000 of those people that they are not welcomed would be a nightmare. To do what the city manager suggests (play three shows and not all five) means I agree that is how people should be treated and I just can't agree to that."
He continued, "Our guys are still en route and if there is any chance that the five planned concerts can be salvaged and nobody is being let down then we can proceed as planned until the refunds begin. If you tell me, 'Garth, thanks but it's over.' I will cease my efforts and bring our people and gear back to the States."
"If you think for any reason that the 'powers that be' in Ireland can fix this, then I will faithfully go to the last second," he added. "Please let me know how to proceed." Refunds are scheduled to begin on Monday, July 14.
Brooks was originally set to play at Croke Park stadium on Friday, July 25 until Tuesday, July 29. The first three dates were given permission by the city council, while the rest two got axed in order to "minimize disruption to the neighborhood in which the concerts are to take place."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked