George R. R. Martin Upset That Fans Question Whether He'll Live to Finish 'Game of Thrones' Books
George R. R. Martin had a few choice words for fans who wondered whether he would live long enough to finish his "Song of Ice and Fire" book series, on which TV show "Game of Thrones" is based. In an interview with Swiss newspaper Tages-Anzeiger, the 65-year-old said while flipping the bird, "I find that question pretty offensive, people speculating about my death and my health. So f**k you to those people."
In separate interview with HuffPost Live, former "Thrones" star Jason Momoa used the same words to describe his reaction when he first learned that his character Khal Drogo would be killed off. "After George Martin killed me, I was like 'go f**k yourself,' " he said.
However, the hunky actor who stars in Marcus Nispel's "Conan the Barbarian" quickly added that he's just "joking." He went on sharing, "But after George killed me, I was really upset. I went to go get the book at Barnes and Noble and I was bummed that I was dead. But it's brilliant writing."
"Thrones" wrapped up its fourth season on June 15. Filming for the upcoming fifth season is scheduled to begin this month in Belfast for a 2015 premiere.
More Game of Thrones News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal