George R. R. Martin Upset That Fans Question Whether He'll Live to Finish 'Game of Thrones' Books
George R. R. Martin had a few choice words for fans who wondered whether he would live long enough to finish his "Song of Ice and Fire" book series, on which TV show "Game of Thrones" is based. In an interview with Swiss newspaper Tages-Anzeiger, the 65-year-old said while flipping the bird, "I find that question pretty offensive, people speculating about my death and my health. So f**k you to those people."
In separate interview with HuffPost Live, former "Thrones" star Jason Momoa used the same words to describe his reaction when he first learned that his character Khal Drogo would be killed off. "After George Martin killed me, I was like 'go f**k yourself,' " he said.
However, the hunky actor who stars in Marcus Nispel's "Conan the Barbarian" quickly added that he's just "joking." He went on sharing, "But after George killed me, I was really upset. I went to go get the book at Barnes and Noble and I was bummed that I was dead. But it's brilliant writing."
"Thrones" wrapped up its fourth season on June 15. Filming for the upcoming fifth season is scheduled to begin this month in Belfast for a 2015 premiere.
More Game of Thrones News
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd