George R. R. Martin Upset That Fans Question Whether He'll Live to Finish 'Game of Thrones' Books
George R. R. Martin had a few choice words for fans who wondered whether he would live long enough to finish his "Song of Ice and Fire" book series, on which TV show "Game of Thrones" is based. In an interview with Swiss newspaper Tages-Anzeiger, the 65-year-old said while flipping the bird, "I find that question pretty offensive, people speculating about my death and my health. So f**k you to those people."
In separate interview with HuffPost Live, former "Thrones" star Jason Momoa used the same words to describe his reaction when he first learned that his character Khal Drogo would be killed off. "After George Martin killed me, I was like 'go f**k yourself,' " he said.
However, the hunky actor who stars in Marcus Nispel's "Conan the Barbarian" quickly added that he's just "joking." He went on sharing, "But after George killed me, I was really upset. I went to go get the book at Barnes and Noble and I was bummed that I was dead. But it's brilliant writing."
"Thrones" wrapped up its fourth season on June 15. Filming for the upcoming fifth season is scheduled to begin this month in Belfast for a 2015 premiere.
More Game of Thrones News
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans