George R. R. Martin Upset That Fans Question Whether He'll Live to Finish 'Game of Thrones' Books
George R. R. Martin had a few choice words for fans who wondered whether he would live long enough to finish his "Song of Ice and Fire" book series, on which TV show "Game of Thrones" is based. In an interview with Swiss newspaper Tages-Anzeiger, the 65-year-old said while flipping the bird, "I find that question pretty offensive, people speculating about my death and my health. So f**k you to those people."
In separate interview with HuffPost Live, former "Thrones" star Jason Momoa used the same words to describe his reaction when he first learned that his character Khal Drogo would be killed off. "After George Martin killed me, I was like 'go f**k yourself,' " he said.
However, the hunky actor who stars in Marcus Nispel's "Conan the Barbarian" quickly added that he's just "joking." He went on sharing, "But after George killed me, I was really upset. I went to go get the book at Barnes and Noble and I was bummed that I was dead. But it's brilliant writing."
"Thrones" wrapped up its fourth season on June 15. Filming for the upcoming fifth season is scheduled to begin this month in Belfast for a 2015 premiere.
More Game of Thrones News
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters
- Halsey Slams Quavo, Calls Iggy Azalea a 'F**king Moron'
- Choa Announces She's Leaving AOA, Insists It's Not Because She's Pregnant
- Will Jared Leto Reprise The Joker Role for Harley Quinn Spin-Off?
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Posts Lowest Opening in the Franchise
- Ashton Kutcher Claims He Had Hooking Up Agreement With Mila Kunis
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?