George R. R. Martin Upset That Fans Question Whether He'll Live to Finish 'Game of Thrones' Books
George R. R. Martin had a few choice words for fans who wondered whether he would live long enough to finish his "Song of Ice and Fire" book series, on which TV show "Game of Thrones" is based. In an interview with Swiss newspaper Tages-Anzeiger, the 65-year-old said while flipping the bird, "I find that question pretty offensive, people speculating about my death and my health. So f**k you to those people."
In separate interview with HuffPost Live, former "Thrones" star Jason Momoa used the same words to describe his reaction when he first learned that his character Khal Drogo would be killed off. "After George Martin killed me, I was like 'go f**k yourself,' " he said.
However, the hunky actor who stars in Marcus Nispel's "Conan the Barbarian" quickly added that he's just "joking." He went on sharing, "But after George killed me, I was really upset. I went to go get the book at Barnes and Noble and I was bummed that I was dead. But it's brilliant writing."
"Thrones" wrapped up its fourth season on June 15. Filming for the upcoming fifth season is scheduled to begin this month in Belfast for a 2015 premiere.
More Game of Thrones News
- Kristen Stewart Racing Through L.A. in Rolling Stones' 'Ride 'Em on Down' Video
- Anderson Cooper Was Once Set Up With Andy Cohen, but Turned It Down
- Justin Bieber Spotted Reuniting, Holding Hands With Hailey Baldwin in Los Angeles
- Kid Cudi Teams Up With Travis Scott for 'Baptized in Fire', Reveals the Release Date of New Album
- Michael Fassbender Engages in Epic Carriage Chase in Extended 'Assassin's Creed' Clip
- J. Cole to Release New Album '4 Your Eyez Only'
- Andrew Garfield Wouldn't Mind Being Stranded on Desert Island With Emma Stone
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Famous Derriere in Racy Fishnet Tights