Trey Songz's 'Trigga' Lands Atop Billboard 200
Trey Songz's "Trigga" has just landed at No. 1 on Billboard 200. Nielsen SoundScan reports that the singer's latest studio effort, which arrived on July 1 and is supported by hit single "Na Na", sells 105,000 copies in its first week.
"Trigga" marks Songz's second album to top the chart as its predecessor, 2012's "Chapter V", also opened at No. 1 with 135,000 copies sold. However, the newest record posts Songz's smallest opening sales week for a full-length since "Trey Day" came at No. 11 with 73,000 back in 2007.
Next on Billboard 200, last week's first placer Ed Sheeran's "X" falls to No. 2 after selling additional 53,000 copies. Fellow British singer Sam Smith's "In the Lonely Hour" also falls one rung to No. 3 with 45,000.
At No. 4, Seether scores their fourth top 10 album with "Isolate and Medicate" which opens with a little more than 37,000. The rock band last visited the chart in 2011 when their "Holding on to Strings Better Left to Fray" debuted and peaked at No. 2 with 61,000.
The soundtrack of Disney's "Frozen (2013)" stays at No. 5 after selling 37,000. The album is currently in its 28th consecutive week in the chart's top 5.
MAGIC!'s "Don't Kill the Magic" enters Billboard 200 at No. 6 with just under 36,000. The pop/rock band's record has spawned the hit single "Rude" which has so far peaked at No. 2 on Billboard 100. At No. 7, Miranda Lambert's "Platinum" climbs from last week's No. 8 with 25,000. Lana Del Rey's "Ultraviolence" dips from No. 4 to No. 8 with nearly 25,000.
Robin Thicke's "Paula" comes at No. 9 with only 24,000. The sales are a far cry from his previous set "Blurred Lines" which opened at No. 1 with 177,000 last year. Rounding out the top 10 is Colt Ford, whose "Thanks for Listening" arrives with 23,000.
- "Trigga" - Trey Songz (105,000)
- "X" - Ed Sheeran (53,000)
- "In the Lonely Hour" - Sam Smith (457,000)
- "Isolate and Medicate" - Seether (37,000)
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (37,000)
- "Don't Kill the Magic" - MAGIC! (36,000)
- "Platinum" - Miranda Lambert (25,000)
- "Ultraviolence" - Lana Del Rey (25,000)
- "Paula" - Robin Thicke (24,000)
- "Thanks for Listening" - Colt Ford (23,000)
More Trey Songz News
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards