'Mission: Impossible V' Taps Rebecca Ferguson, Is in Talks With Alec Baldwin
"Mission: Impossible V" has found its female lead after Jessica Chastain passed the part. Swedish newcomer Rebecca Ferguson (II) has been tapped to star opposite Tom Cruise in the fifth installment of the action franchise.
Ferguson made a name out of herself when she starred in the titular role of BBC's "The White Queen". She was nominated for a Golden Globe this year for her first English-language role. She can next be seen in Brett Ratner's "Hercules", released July 25.
Deadline reports that Alec Baldwin is in talks to join "M:I V" as the head of the CIA. Plot is still kept under wraps but reports say he will be a high-ranking CIA officer who oversees Cruise's division, very much like Laurence Fishburne's role in "Mission: Impossible 3".
Chris McQuarrie will direct the film from the script penned by Drew Pearce. Paramount has slated it for release on December 25, 2015. Cruise will reprise his role as Ethan Hunt. Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg also return to the franchise.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3