'Mission: Impossible V' Taps Rebecca Ferguson, Is in Talks With Alec Baldwin
"Mission: Impossible V" has found its female lead after Jessica Chastain passed the part. Swedish newcomer Rebecca Ferguson (II) has been tapped to star opposite Tom Cruise in the fifth installment of the action franchise.
Ferguson made a name out of herself when she starred in the titular role of BBC's "The White Queen". She was nominated for a Golden Globe this year for her first English-language role. She can next be seen in Brett Ratner's "Hercules", released July 25.
Deadline reports that Alec Baldwin is in talks to join "M:I V" as the head of the CIA. Plot is still kept under wraps but reports say he will be a high-ranking CIA officer who oversees Cruise's division, very much like Laurence Fishburne's role in "Mission: Impossible 3".
Chris McQuarrie will direct the film from the script penned by Drew Pearce. Paramount has slated it for release on December 25, 2015. Cruise will reprise his role as Ethan Hunt. Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg also return to the franchise.
More Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation News
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying if She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday