'Mission: Impossible V' Taps Rebecca Ferguson, Is in Talks With Alec Baldwin
"Mission: Impossible V" has found its female lead after Jessica Chastain passed the part. Swedish newcomer Rebecca Ferguson (II) has been tapped to star opposite Tom Cruise in the fifth installment of the action franchise.
Ferguson made a name out of herself when she starred in the titular role of BBC's "The White Queen". She was nominated for a Golden Globe this year for her first English-language role. She can next be seen in Brett Ratner's "Hercules", released July 25.
Deadline reports that Alec Baldwin is in talks to join "M:I V" as the head of the CIA. Plot is still kept under wraps but reports say he will be a high-ranking CIA officer who oversees Cruise's division, very much like Laurence Fishburne's role in "Mission: Impossible 3".
Chris McQuarrie will direct the film from the script penned by Drew Pearce. Paramount has slated it for release on December 25, 2015. Cruise will reprise his role as Ethan Hunt. Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg also return to the franchise.
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West