'Mission: Impossible V' Taps Rebecca Ferguson, Is in Talks With Alec Baldwin
"Mission: Impossible V" has found its female lead after Jessica Chastain passed the part. Swedish newcomer Rebecca Ferguson (II) has been tapped to star opposite Tom Cruise in the fifth installment of the action franchise.
Ferguson made a name out of herself when she starred in the titular role of BBC's "The White Queen". She was nominated for a Golden Globe this year for her first English-language role. She can next be seen in Brett Ratner's "Hercules", released July 25.
Deadline reports that Alec Baldwin is in talks to join "M:I V" as the head of the CIA. Plot is still kept under wraps but reports say he will be a high-ranking CIA officer who oversees Cruise's division, very much like Laurence Fishburne's role in "Mission: Impossible 3".
Chris McQuarrie will direct the film from the script penned by Drew Pearce. Paramount has slated it for release on December 25, 2015. Cruise will reprise his role as Ethan Hunt. Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg also return to the franchise.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie