'Mission: Impossible V' Taps Rebecca Ferguson, Is in Talks With Alec Baldwin
"Mission: Impossible V" has found its female lead after Jessica Chastain passed the part. Swedish newcomer Rebecca Ferguson (II) has been tapped to star opposite Tom Cruise in the fifth installment of the action franchise.
Ferguson made a name out of herself when she starred in the titular role of BBC's "The White Queen". She was nominated for a Golden Globe this year for her first English-language role. She can next be seen in Brett Ratner's "Hercules", released July 25.
Deadline reports that Alec Baldwin is in talks to join "M:I V" as the head of the CIA. Plot is still kept under wraps but reports say he will be a high-ranking CIA officer who oversees Cruise's division, very much like Laurence Fishburne's role in "Mission: Impossible 3".
Chris McQuarrie will direct the film from the script penned by Drew Pearce. Paramount has slated it for release on December 25, 2015. Cruise will reprise his role as Ethan Hunt. Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg also return to the franchise.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked