Usher to Perform at 2014 MTV Video Music Awards
Usher is added to the upcoming 31st annual MTV Video Music Awards at The Forum in Inglewood, California. The R&B singer is announced to perform his new music at the live event on August 24. He joins Ariana Grande and 5 Seconds of Summer in the lineup.
The announcement comes on heels of the release of his new single "She Came to Give It to You". It features Nicki Minaj and is produced by Pharrell Williams. It's expected to be included in Usher's next studio installment which is currently in the works.
"Performing live is the purest form of musical expression and I am damn happy to return to the VMA stage with new music," he gushed.
Usher last performed on the VMAs stage in 2010, singing a medley of "DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love" and "OMG". He got three nominations for the latter song back then. He scored another nod in 2012 for Best Male Video, thanks to his song "Climax". Nominations for this year's event are expected to be revealed sometime soon.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen