Usher to Perform at 2014 MTV Video Music Awards
Usher is added to the upcoming 31st annual MTV Video Music Awards at The Forum in Inglewood, California. The R&B singer is announced to perform his new music at the live event on August 24. He joins Ariana Grande and 5 Seconds of Summer in the lineup.
The announcement comes on heels of the release of his new single "She Came to Give It to You". It features Nicki Minaj and is produced by Pharrell Williams. It's expected to be included in Usher's next studio installment which is currently in the works.
"Performing live is the purest form of musical expression and I am damn happy to return to the VMA stage with new music," he gushed.
Usher last performed on the VMAs stage in 2010, singing a medley of "DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love" and "OMG". He got three nominations for the latter song back then. He scored another nod in 2012 for Best Male Video, thanks to his song "Climax". Nominations for this year's event are expected to be revealed sometime soon.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance