George Clooney Slams 'Fabricated' Report on His Fiancee's Mother
George Clooney has responded to a recent report about his soon-to-be mother-in-law objecting to his upcoming wedding to his fiancee Amal Alamuddin. In an op-ed published on USA Today on Wednesday morning, July 9, Clooney blasted Daily Mail that published the story.
"I seldom respond to tabloids, unless it involves someone else and their safety or well being," the "Gravity" star wrote, adding that the story about Alamuddin's mother was "fabricated." Clooney then explained, "None of the story is factually true. Amal's mother is not Druze. She has not been to Beirut since Amal and I have been dating, and she is in no way against the marriage."
This time, Clooney felt the need to respond to the report because it touched the topic of religious intolerance. "This lie involves larger issues. The irresponsibility, in this day and age, to exploit religious differences where none exist, is at the very least negligent and more appropriately dangerous," he wrote.
Clooney and the human rights lawyer were first romantically linked in October 2013. Their engagement was confirmed in April.
More George Clooney News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers