George Clooney Slams 'Fabricated' Report on His Fiancee's Mother
George Clooney has responded to a recent report about his soon-to-be mother-in-law objecting to his upcoming wedding to his fiancee Amal Alamuddin. In an op-ed published on USA Today on Wednesday morning, July 9, Clooney blasted Daily Mail that published the story.
"I seldom respond to tabloids, unless it involves someone else and their safety or well being," the "Gravity" star wrote, adding that the story about Alamuddin's mother was "fabricated." Clooney then explained, "None of the story is factually true. Amal's mother is not Druze. She has not been to Beirut since Amal and I have been dating, and she is in no way against the marriage."
This time, Clooney felt the need to respond to the report because it touched the topic of religious intolerance. "This lie involves larger issues. The irresponsibility, in this day and age, to exploit religious differences where none exist, is at the very least negligent and more appropriately dangerous," he wrote.
Clooney and the human rights lawyer were first romantically linked in October 2013. Their engagement was confirmed in April.
More George Clooney News
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It