George Clooney Slams 'Fabricated' Report on His Fiancee's Mother
George Clooney has responded to a recent report about his soon-to-be mother-in-law objecting to his upcoming wedding to his fiancee Amal Alamuddin. In an op-ed published on USA Today on Wednesday morning, July 9, Clooney blasted Daily Mail that published the story.
"I seldom respond to tabloids, unless it involves someone else and their safety or well being," the "Gravity" star wrote, adding that the story about Alamuddin's mother was "fabricated." Clooney then explained, "None of the story is factually true. Amal's mother is not Druze. She has not been to Beirut since Amal and I have been dating, and she is in no way against the marriage."
This time, Clooney felt the need to respond to the report because it touched the topic of religious intolerance. "This lie involves larger issues. The irresponsibility, in this day and age, to exploit religious differences where none exist, is at the very least negligent and more appropriately dangerous," he wrote.
Clooney and the human rights lawyer were first romantically linked in October 2013. Their engagement was confirmed in April.
More George Clooney News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris