Gillian Flynn's 'Sharp Objects' Turned Into TV Series at eOne
Gillian Flynn's "Sharp Objects" is heading to the small screen. Entertainment One Television is currently developing a one-hour serialized drama based on the debut novel by the television critic-turned-author.
Marti Noxon ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") will write the script and serve as showrunner. Flynn, meanwhile, will executive produce the show alongside Jason Blum and Charles Layton. eOne is handling the worldwide distribution.
Published in 2006, "Sharp Objects" follows Camille Preaker, a young journalist, who after a short stay at a psych hospital, must return to her hometown to report on a series of brutal murders. Dealing with her neurotic, hypochondriac mother and the half-sister she barely knows, she must unravel the psychological puzzle of her own past if she wants to get the story.
Flynn's third novel "Gone Girl" has been adapted into a feature film by director David Fincher, who also teamed up with Flynn to write the script. Starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike, the drama thriller will be released in theaters across the nation beginning October 3.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences