Gillian Flynn's 'Sharp Objects' Turned Into TV Series at eOne
Gillian Flynn's "Sharp Objects" is heading to the small screen. Entertainment One Television is currently developing a one-hour serialized drama based on the debut novel by the television critic-turned-author.
Marti Noxon ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") will write the script and serve as showrunner. Flynn, meanwhile, will executive produce the show alongside Jason Blum and Charles Layton. eOne is handling the worldwide distribution.
Published in 2006, "Sharp Objects" follows Camille Preaker, a young journalist, who after a short stay at a psych hospital, must return to her hometown to report on a series of brutal murders. Dealing with her neurotic, hypochondriac mother and the half-sister she barely knows, she must unravel the psychological puzzle of her own past if she wants to get the story.
Flynn's third novel "Gone Girl" has been adapted into a feature film by director David Fincher, who also teamed up with Flynn to write the script. Starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike, the drama thriller will be released in theaters across the nation beginning October 3.
More Sharp Objects News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville