Gillian Flynn's 'Sharp Objects' Turned Into TV Series at eOne
Gillian Flynn's "Sharp Objects" is heading to the small screen. Entertainment One Television is currently developing a one-hour serialized drama based on the debut novel by the television critic-turned-author.
Marti Noxon ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") will write the script and serve as showrunner. Flynn, meanwhile, will executive produce the show alongside Jason Blum and Charles Layton. eOne is handling the worldwide distribution.
Published in 2006, "Sharp Objects" follows Camille Preaker, a young journalist, who after a short stay at a psych hospital, must return to her hometown to report on a series of brutal murders. Dealing with her neurotic, hypochondriac mother and the half-sister she barely knows, she must unravel the psychological puzzle of her own past if she wants to get the story.
Flynn's third novel "Gone Girl" has been adapted into a feature film by director David Fincher, who also teamed up with Flynn to write the script. Starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike, the drama thriller will be released in theaters across the nation beginning October 3.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her