Gillian Flynn's 'Sharp Objects' Turned Into TV Series at eOne
Gillian Flynn's "Sharp Objects" is heading to the small screen. Entertainment One Television is currently developing a one-hour serialized drama based on the debut novel by the television critic-turned-author.
Marti Noxon ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") will write the script and serve as showrunner. Flynn, meanwhile, will executive produce the show alongside Jason Blum and Charles Layton. eOne is handling the worldwide distribution.
Published in 2006, "Sharp Objects" follows Camille Preaker, a young journalist, who after a short stay at a psych hospital, must return to her hometown to report on a series of brutal murders. Dealing with her neurotic, hypochondriac mother and the half-sister she barely knows, she must unravel the psychological puzzle of her own past if she wants to get the story.
Flynn's third novel "Gone Girl" has been adapted into a feature film by director David Fincher, who also teamed up with Flynn to write the script. Starring Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike, the drama thriller will be released in theaters across the nation beginning October 3.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy