The Rock in Talks for 'Janson Directive', Sylvester Stallone Up for 'Scarpa'
After wrapping up "Fast and Furious 7", Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson eyes his possible next franchise. He is in early negotiations to play the key role in "The Janson Directive", based on a novel of the same name by "Bourne Identity" author Robert Ludlum.
"Janson" was published a year after Ludlum passed away in 2001. The book is about an ex-Navy Seal and covert ops specialist who now works as a security consultant. When a rescue operation goes south, he is targeted for termination and must go on the run in order to clear his name.
Meanwhile, Sylvester Stallone is tapped to star in a true-story movie "Scarpa". He plays Gregory Scarpa, a former capo and hitman for the Colombo crime family known as the Grim Reaper. He eventually became an FBI informant and later contracted HIV.
Brad Furman ("The Lincoln Lawyer", "Runner, Runner") is tapped to serve as a director, Nicholas Pileggi ("Goodfellas", "Casino") writes the script, and Irwin Winkler ("Rocky") serves as a producer.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik