The Rock in Talks for 'Janson Directive', Sylvester Stallone Up for 'Scarpa'
After wrapping up "Fast and Furious 7", Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson eyes his possible next franchise. He is in early negotiations to play the key role in "The Janson Directive", based on a novel of the same name by "Bourne Identity" author Robert Ludlum.
"Janson" was published a year after Ludlum passed away in 2001. The book is about an ex-Navy Seal and covert ops specialist who now works as a security consultant. When a rescue operation goes south, he is targeted for termination and must go on the run in order to clear his name.
Meanwhile, Sylvester Stallone is tapped to star in a true-story movie "Scarpa". He plays Gregory Scarpa, a former capo and hitman for the Colombo crime family known as the Grim Reaper. He eventually became an FBI informant and later contracted HIV.
Brad Furman ("The Lincoln Lawyer", "Runner, Runner") is tapped to serve as a director, Nicholas Pileggi ("Goodfellas", "Casino") writes the script, and Irwin Winkler ("Rocky") serves as a producer.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell