The Rock in Talks for 'Janson Directive', Sylvester Stallone Up for 'Scarpa'
After wrapping up "Fast and Furious 7", Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson eyes his possible next franchise. He is in early negotiations to play the key role in "The Janson Directive", based on a novel of the same name by "Bourne Identity" author Robert Ludlum.
"Janson" was published a year after Ludlum passed away in 2001. The book is about an ex-Navy Seal and covert ops specialist who now works as a security consultant. When a rescue operation goes south, he is targeted for termination and must go on the run in order to clear his name.
Meanwhile, Sylvester Stallone is tapped to star in a true-story movie "Scarpa". He plays Gregory Scarpa, a former capo and hitman for the Colombo crime family known as the Grim Reaper. He eventually became an FBI informant and later contracted HIV.
Brad Furman ("The Lincoln Lawyer", "Runner, Runner") is tapped to serve as a director, Nicholas Pileggi ("Goodfellas", "Casino") writes the script, and Irwin Winkler ("Rocky") serves as a producer.
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money