The Rock in Talks for 'Janson Directive', Sylvester Stallone Up for 'Scarpa'
After wrapping up "Fast and Furious 7", Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson eyes his possible next franchise. He is in early negotiations to play the key role in "The Janson Directive", based on a novel of the same name by "Bourne Identity" author Robert Ludlum.
"Janson" was published a year after Ludlum passed away in 2001. The book is about an ex-Navy Seal and covert ops specialist who now works as a security consultant. When a rescue operation goes south, he is targeted for termination and must go on the run in order to clear his name.
Meanwhile, Sylvester Stallone is tapped to star in a true-story movie "Scarpa". He plays Gregory Scarpa, a former capo and hitman for the Colombo crime family known as the Grim Reaper. He eventually became an FBI informant and later contracted HIV.
Brad Furman ("The Lincoln Lawyer", "Runner, Runner") is tapped to serve as a director, Nicholas Pileggi ("Goodfellas", "Casino") writes the script, and Irwin Winkler ("Rocky") serves as a producer.
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher