The Rock in Talks for 'Janson Directive', Sylvester Stallone Up for 'Scarpa'
After wrapping up "Fast and Furious 7", Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson eyes his possible next franchise. He is in early negotiations to play the key role in "The Janson Directive", based on a novel of the same name by "Bourne Identity" author Robert Ludlum.
"Janson" was published a year after Ludlum passed away in 2001. The book is about an ex-Navy Seal and covert ops specialist who now works as a security consultant. When a rescue operation goes south, he is targeted for termination and must go on the run in order to clear his name.
Meanwhile, Sylvester Stallone is tapped to star in a true-story movie "Scarpa". He plays Gregory Scarpa, a former capo and hitman for the Colombo crime family known as the Grim Reaper. He eventually became an FBI informant and later contracted HIV.
Brad Furman ("The Lincoln Lawyer", "Runner, Runner") is tapped to serve as a director, Nicholas Pileggi ("Goodfellas", "Casino") writes the script, and Irwin Winkler ("Rocky") serves as a producer.
More The Janson Directive News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!