Lil Wayne and Drake to Battle Each Other on Joint Tour
Lil Wayne recently revealed what fans could expect from his upcoming co-headlining tour with Drake. Talking to MTV on the filming set of his "Krazy" music video, Weezy said that there'd be a battle between him and the Canadian MC on the stage.
"The plan is just going - since, thank God, we've been so successful - just going back and forth with our hits, getting the crowd to go crazy," Wayne said. "And then just finally hitting the stage together and going crazy. I think it's something like a...It's a battle type thing."
Wayne's manager Cortez Bryan came up with the idea. When asked who would win the battle, the Young Money star replied, "I give the good guy the edge."
During the chat with MTV, Wayne also dropped some new details about his highly-anticipated new album, "Tha Carter V". The rapper, who has worked with Drake on "Believe Me", revealed that the "Started From the Bottom" hitmaker would join him on some other tracks. "He's on the album way more than [that]," he explained. "He's on a few other joints." Nicki Minaj will also appear in the fifth installment of the "Carter" series.
Wayne and Drake's tour is set to open on August 8 in Darien Center, New York. It will be brought to some cities across the U.S. before being wrapped up in Texas on September 27.
More Lil Wayne News
- Father of 3 Daughters Extends 'Redneck Love' to Ariana Grande After Manchester Bombing
- Shia LaBeouf Sued for Defamation and Assault Following Bowling Alley Fight
- Blac Chyna Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Steamy Topless Pic
- 'Luke Cage' Season 2 Will Explore Luke's Public Identity
- Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Brad Pitt, Pharrell and More Celebrity Pals Attend Chris Cornell's Funeral
- Ariana Grande's Boyfriend Mac Miller Cancels Two Shows Following Manchester Bombing
- Brad Pitt to Remove His Angelina Jolie Tattoos to Have a 'Fresh Start'