Lil Wayne and Drake to Battle Each Other on Joint Tour
Lil Wayne recently revealed what fans could expect from his upcoming co-headlining tour with Drake. Talking to MTV on the filming set of his "Krazy" music video, Weezy said that there'd be a battle between him and the Canadian MC on the stage.
"The plan is just going - since, thank God, we've been so successful - just going back and forth with our hits, getting the crowd to go crazy," Wayne said. "And then just finally hitting the stage together and going crazy. I think it's something like a...It's a battle type thing."
Wayne's manager Cortez Bryan came up with the idea. When asked who would win the battle, the Young Money star replied, "I give the good guy the edge."
During the chat with MTV, Wayne also dropped some new details about his highly-anticipated new album, "Tha Carter V". The rapper, who has worked with Drake on "Believe Me", revealed that the "Started From the Bottom" hitmaker would join him on some other tracks. "He's on the album way more than [that]," he explained. "He's on a few other joints." Nicki Minaj will also appear in the fifth installment of the "Carter" series.
Wayne and Drake's tour is set to open on August 8 in Darien Center, New York. It will be brought to some cities across the U.S. before being wrapped up in Texas on September 27.
More Lil Wayne News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby