Zoe Saldana on Her Marriage to Marco Perego: 'I Found All My Answers With Him Not in Him'
Zoe Saldana opened up about her marriage to Italian artist, Marco Perego, in an interview with FASHION magazine for its August issue. The 36-year-old actress also described the transformation of her character in her upcoming movie "Avatar 2".
Zoe, who got married to Marco just months after she ended her romance with Bradley Cooper, said about her marriage, "I was finally able to spend time without being in a relationship and even though, it was a short period of time, it was beautiful. Where I lost that fear of being alone. It was bliss. Then I met my partner when I was in really a beautiful place in my life. It was like I found all my answers with him not in him. I was finding my answers on my own."
When asked about her role in the sequel of "Avatar" movie, she claimed, "[Neytiri] is stronger than what I wanted this time, but she's also very vulnerable. It's very much her journey and I accepted the job again because I believe the script has her going in the right path. Jake and Neytiri are very much still a force to be reckoned with."
The "Star Trek Into Darkness" actress recalled her audition days before she became an A-list actress, saying, "I was a ferocious dancer so therefore I was a ferocious up-and-coming actress. When it comes to auditions, I'm not competitive with anybody. I don't even know who's sitting next to me. I wouldn't even tell you if it was a blonde or brunette. The moment you compare yourself, it weakens you."
Talking about aging and becoming a mentor for younger actresses, Zoe said, "It's important to not have women be afraid of you, to accept your mortality and your aging so that you can be a better mentor for up and coming women."
She added, "Whenever these young women come and they just want to take everything all at once, just because they're younger and their asses are harder and plumper, you kind of go, 'Child, sit down. Yes, you're beautiful but listen to these 1, 2, 3s.' 1. Don't hike up your skirt too much. 2. I'm pretty sure you're intelligent so act like it. 3. Read a book."
More Zoe Saldana News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival