J.J. Abrams Confirms Shooting 'Star Wars Episode VII' in IMAX
"Star Wars Episode VII" uses IMAX for shooting. Director J.J. Abrams confirmed it on Twitter by uploading a picture from the filming location in what seems to be Abu Dhabi for Tatooine Dessert set. It shows a clear snapshot of an IMAX camera with hashtag "#bestformatever."
Abrams also partially used IMAX for his previous film "Star Trek Into Darkness". A rep for IMAX wouldn't confirm if he would solely use IMAX for the new "Star Wars" movie as saying, "All we can confirm at this time is that they are using the IMAX cameras for the film," but the director himself already said in a previous interview that "some of the film will be shot in 35MM."
"Episode VII" will be the first in the movie series to be released in the IMAX format. The seventh installment of "Star Wars" franchise is slated for December 18, 2015 in the U.S. The crew is taking a two-week hiatus in August while adjustments to the current production schedule are made as Harrison Ford recovers from a leg injury.
John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong'o, Gwendoline Christie, Crystal Clarke, and Pip Andersen are among the cast. They are joined by the original members like Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher.
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR