Video: David Letterman Walks Out on Interview With Joan Rivers
Joan Rivers got to experience how it was to be left along during an interview when stopping by "Late Show with David Letterman". During the taping for the Tuesday, July 8 episode, David Letterman walked out on Rivers as they talked about her walkout on an interview with CNN's Fredricka Whitfield recently.
During the interview, Letterman asked Rivers about the CNN anchor, whose name she couldn't remember. The comedienne said Whitfield was "very judgmental, very nasty, very opinionated, very negative," describing the interview, "It was like my wedding night."
Letterman wondered if it was a publicity stunt to promote Rivers' new book "Diary of a Mad Diva", but she insisted that it's "just the opposite." She said that she lost out on a big Depends endorsement, joking of the commercial dialogue, "While I'm talking to you, I'm taking a dump." That's when Letterman took off his suit and walked out of the stage.
Being left alone, Rivers interviewed herself. "How's your sex life, you old b***h?" she asked herself. "Thank you for asking. My vagina is so dry."
Rivers walked out on the CNN interview after being questioned about her jokes which were usually "off-limits." "This whole interview is becoming a defense interview," she claimed. She told the anchor, "All you've done is negative. You are not the one to interview a person who does humor! Sorry!"
Defending her action, the 81-year-old told TheWrap, "The CNN interviewer was a news reporter and not an entertainment reporter. She did not seem to understand we were talking about a comedy book and not the transcripts from the Nuremburg Trial. Every question was an accusatory one designed to put me on the defensive."
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap