J.K. Rowling Publishes a New Harry Potter Story
Seven years after the last "Harry Potter" book was published, J.K. Rowling gave an update on the characters as an adult. The famed author published a new story on her site Pottermore on Tuesday, July 8, giving glimpses at Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger's lives as they are in their 30s.
The new story, written in the form of Rita Skeeter's gossip column, sees the beloved characters watching Quidditch World Cup together. According to Rita, Harry now has a "nasty cut over his right cheekbone" as well as "threads of silver" in his hair. Ron's "famous ginger hair appears to be thinning slightly," she adds.
Harry works as an Auror, an elite unit who catches dark Wizard, while Ron is managing joke shop his brothers created, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. Hermione who is married to Ron "is the deputy head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement." They have two children together, Hugo and Rose.
Following the release of the story, Daniel Radcliffe said at an event on Tuesday that it is unlikely that he will reprise his role as the titular character. "My inclination is to say no," he shared. "I don't think it's a question - not even a hypothetical at this moment."
The 24-year-old actor added that he had not read the new story, but he planned to do so. "As I understand it it's a very, very short piece, I'm not sure it is of itself worthy of adaptation to film. (Harry) is at least 12 years older in it than I am now. I don't think I'll have to worry about it for a long time," he explained.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics