'Exodus: Gods and Kings' Unveils First Trailer and Posters
The first trailer of Twentieth Century Fox's "Exodus: Gods and Kings" has been released along with three new posters. In the Bible epic, Christian Bale stars opposite Joel Edgerton as Moses and Rhamses respectively.
Directed by Ridley Scott, "Exodus" is looking at the action scale of "The Gladiator". The film is a retelling of the story of Moses, from his near death as an infant to his adoption into the Egyptian royal family, his defiance of the Pharaoh and deliverance of the Hebrews from enslavement.
Bale's Moses is far from the bearded man with robes on. The posters revealed his warrior-like attire complete with the weapons. "The biblical account of Moses is extraordinary, and there was lots of room for us to go to places that The Ten Commandments never dreamed of going," Bale told Entertainment Weekly earlier this month.
Scott added, "What I thought I knew about Moses I didn't really. Either I wasn't paying attention in Sunday school or I had forgotten. I was knocked out by who he was and the basics of the story-it has to be one of the greatest adventures and spiritual experiences that could ever have been."
"Exodus: Gods and Kings" bows in theaters December 12.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding