Phaedra Parks' Husband Apollo Nida Sentenced to Eight Years in Jail
Phaedra Parks' family just received bad news. Her husband Apollo Nida was sentenced to eight years after pleading guilty to mail, wire and bank fraud charges in May. In a court session on Tuesday, July 8, the judge could have sentenced him between 92 and 115 months, but he eventually received 96-month sentence.
Nida spoke briefly following the court appearance. "The government did what they had to do," he said, as quoted by Atlanta Journal Constitution. When asked if he was unhappy about the decision, he replied, "Whatever the judge gave."
"Today's sentencing exemplifies impartial justice regardless of economic class or perceived celebrity status," said Reginald G. Moore, Special Agent in Charge of the United States Secret Service, Atlanta Field Office. "Nida's sentence should be an eye opener for other like-minded criminals who scheme to steal victims' identities, defraud them and ignore the consequences of their actions."
"I want to apologize to the victims," Nida said during the Tuesday court appearance. "I want to apologize to my family for letting them down."
The star of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" and Nida got married in 2009. They have two children together, Dylan and Ayden.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media