Phaedra Parks' Husband Apollo Nida Sentenced to Eight Years in Jail
Phaedra Parks' family just received bad news. Her husband Apollo Nida was sentenced to eight years after pleading guilty to mail, wire and bank fraud charges in May. In a court session on Tuesday, July 8, the judge could have sentenced him between 92 and 115 months, but he eventually received 96-month sentence.
Nida spoke briefly following the court appearance. "The government did what they had to do," he said, as quoted by Atlanta Journal Constitution. When asked if he was unhappy about the decision, he replied, "Whatever the judge gave."
"Today's sentencing exemplifies impartial justice regardless of economic class or perceived celebrity status," said Reginald G. Moore, Special Agent in Charge of the United States Secret Service, Atlanta Field Office. "Nida's sentence should be an eye opener for other like-minded criminals who scheme to steal victims' identities, defraud them and ignore the consequences of their actions."
"I want to apologize to the victims," Nida said during the Tuesday court appearance. "I want to apologize to my family for letting them down."
The star of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" and Nida got married in 2009. They have two children together, Dylan and Ayden.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier