Phaedra Parks' Husband Apollo Nida Sentenced to Eight Years in Jail
Phaedra Parks' family just received bad news. Her husband Apollo Nida was sentenced to eight years after pleading guilty to mail, wire and bank fraud charges in May. In a court session on Tuesday, July 8, the judge could have sentenced him between 92 and 115 months, but he eventually received 96-month sentence.
Nida spoke briefly following the court appearance. "The government did what they had to do," he said, as quoted by Atlanta Journal Constitution. When asked if he was unhappy about the decision, he replied, "Whatever the judge gave."
"Today's sentencing exemplifies impartial justice regardless of economic class or perceived celebrity status," said Reginald G. Moore, Special Agent in Charge of the United States Secret Service, Atlanta Field Office. "Nida's sentence should be an eye opener for other like-minded criminals who scheme to steal victims' identities, defraud them and ignore the consequences of their actions."
"I want to apologize to the victims," Nida said during the Tuesday court appearance. "I want to apologize to my family for letting them down."
The star of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" and Nida got married in 2009. They have two children together, Dylan and Ayden.
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce