Phaedra Parks' Husband Apollo Nida Sentenced to Eight Years in Jail
Phaedra Parks' family just received bad news. Her husband Apollo Nida was sentenced to eight years after pleading guilty to mail, wire and bank fraud charges in May. In a court session on Tuesday, July 8, the judge could have sentenced him between 92 and 115 months, but he eventually received 96-month sentence.
Nida spoke briefly following the court appearance. "The government did what they had to do," he said, as quoted by Atlanta Journal Constitution. When asked if he was unhappy about the decision, he replied, "Whatever the judge gave."
"Today's sentencing exemplifies impartial justice regardless of economic class or perceived celebrity status," said Reginald G. Moore, Special Agent in Charge of the United States Secret Service, Atlanta Field Office. "Nida's sentence should be an eye opener for other like-minded criminals who scheme to steal victims' identities, defraud them and ignore the consequences of their actions."
"I want to apologize to the victims," Nida said during the Tuesday court appearance. "I want to apologize to my family for letting them down."
The star of "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" and Nida got married in 2009. They have two children together, Dylan and Ayden.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up