Disney Developing 'Dumbo' Live-Action Movie
Disney is developing its 1941 animated classic "Dumbo" for a live action movie. "Transformers: Age of Extinction" scribe Ehren Kruger is already attached to write the script and produce the movie with Justin Springer.
At 64 minutes, "Dumbo" was Disney's shortest animated film and the fourth that the studio developed after "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", "Pinocchio" and "Fantasia". It tells the story of a little circus elephant who is ridiculed for his large ears and his only true friend is a mouse.
According to THR, the live-action movie will adapt the original movie and adds a unique family story that parallels Dumbo's story. The advanced CG technology will enable live-action movies to present soaring big animals such as an elephant.
"Dumbo" is the latest animated film from Disney that gets a live-action treatment. "Alice in Wonderland" and "Maleficent" have made it to the screen while "Cinderella", "The Jungle Book" and "Beauty and the Beast" are in the works.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri