Disney Developing 'Dumbo' Live-Action Movie
Disney is developing its 1941 animated classic "Dumbo" for a live action movie. "Transformers: Age of Extinction" scribe Ehren Kruger is already attached to write the script and produce the movie with Justin Springer.
At 64 minutes, "Dumbo" was Disney's shortest animated film and the fourth that the studio developed after "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", "Pinocchio" and "Fantasia". It tells the story of a little circus elephant who is ridiculed for his large ears and his only true friend is a mouse.
According to THR, the live-action movie will adapt the original movie and adds a unique family story that parallels Dumbo's story. The advanced CG technology will enable live-action movies to present soaring big animals such as an elephant.
"Dumbo" is the latest animated film from Disney that gets a live-action treatment. "Alice in Wonderland" and "Maleficent" have made it to the screen while "Cinderella", "The Jungle Book" and "Beauty and the Beast" are in the works.
More Dumbo News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl