Disney Developing 'Dumbo' Live-Action Movie
Disney is developing its 1941 animated classic "Dumbo" for a live action movie. "Transformers: Age of Extinction" scribe Ehren Kruger is already attached to write the script and produce the movie with Justin Springer.
At 64 minutes, "Dumbo" was Disney's shortest animated film and the fourth that the studio developed after "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", "Pinocchio" and "Fantasia". It tells the story of a little circus elephant who is ridiculed for his large ears and his only true friend is a mouse.
According to THR, the live-action movie will adapt the original movie and adds a unique family story that parallels Dumbo's story. The advanced CG technology will enable live-action movies to present soaring big animals such as an elephant.
"Dumbo" is the latest animated film from Disney that gets a live-action treatment. "Alice in Wonderland" and "Maleficent" have made it to the screen while "Cinderella", "The Jungle Book" and "Beauty and the Beast" are in the works.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story