Disney Developing 'Dumbo' Live-Action Movie
Disney is developing its 1941 animated classic "Dumbo" for a live action movie. "Transformers: Age of Extinction" scribe Ehren Kruger is already attached to write the script and produce the movie with Justin Springer.
At 64 minutes, "Dumbo" was Disney's shortest animated film and the fourth that the studio developed after "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", "Pinocchio" and "Fantasia". It tells the story of a little circus elephant who is ridiculed for his large ears and his only true friend is a mouse.
According to THR, the live-action movie will adapt the original movie and adds a unique family story that parallels Dumbo's story. The advanced CG technology will enable live-action movies to present soaring big animals such as an elephant.
"Dumbo" is the latest animated film from Disney that gets a live-action treatment. "Alice in Wonderland" and "Maleficent" have made it to the screen while "Cinderella", "The Jungle Book" and "Beauty and the Beast" are in the works.
More Dumbo News
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum