Disney Developing 'Dumbo' Live-Action Movie
Disney is developing its 1941 animated classic "Dumbo" for a live action movie. "Transformers: Age of Extinction" scribe Ehren Kruger is already attached to write the script and produce the movie with Justin Springer.
At 64 minutes, "Dumbo" was Disney's shortest animated film and the fourth that the studio developed after "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", "Pinocchio" and "Fantasia". It tells the story of a little circus elephant who is ridiculed for his large ears and his only true friend is a mouse.
According to THR, the live-action movie will adapt the original movie and adds a unique family story that parallels Dumbo's story. The advanced CG technology will enable live-action movies to present soaring big animals such as an elephant.
"Dumbo" is the latest animated film from Disney that gets a live-action treatment. "Alice in Wonderland" and "Maleficent" have made it to the screen while "Cinderella", "The Jungle Book" and "Beauty and the Beast" are in the works.
- Shirtless Orlando Bloom Cozying Up to Katy Perry Look-Alike in Malibu
- Jessica Jones and Trish Arrested in Season 2 Set Photos
- Nas Wants Serious Relationship With Nicki Minaj
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Cleavage, Pulls Down Her Bikini Bottom in New Racy Pics
- Get First Look at Idris Elba and Kate Winslet Amid Freezing Wilderness in 'The Mountain Between Us'
- Tiger Woods Apologizes, Blames 'Unexpected Reaction to Prescribed Medications' for DUI
- Inside Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj's Run-In at Miami Nightclub: He Keeps His Eyes on Her
- Is Fergie 'Kicked Out' of Black Eyed Peas?