Phil Collins' Eldest Son, Simon Collins, Is Arrested on Drug Charges
Phil Collins' eldest son, Simon Collins, was arrested on suspicion of supplying class A drugs over the weekend in Wiltshire, England. Wiltshire Police also questioned Simon for the possesion of class B drugs. The 37-year-old musician has been out on bail, while waiting for further inquiries.
According to the U.K.'s Misuse of Drugs Act, class A drugs include cocaine, psychedelics and opioids such as heroin and the painkiller oxycodone, while Class B includes marijuana, amphetamines and sedatives such as Quaaludes.
The police told PEOPLE, "A 37-year-old man from [the town of] Devizes has been arrested for being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs and for possession of a Class B controlled drug. The bail will run until the end of August." Neither Simon nor his family has made any comments about his issue yet.
This wasn't the first time for the Collins to have an issue with the police. Phil's nephew, Philip Austin Collins, was also arrested two years ago for possesing £3 million-worth of cocaine. The illegal drugs were found on a yacht where Philip and two other men were going to sail across the Atlantic. He is currently in jail.
Simon is Phil's first son from his first wife, Andrea Bertorelli. He decided to follow his father's path of becoming a musician. He made his stage debut when he was 12 years old by playing drums during one of his father's shows. He is currently a drummer and lead vocalist of progressive rock band Sound of Contact.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle