Phil Collins' Eldest Son, Simon Collins, Is Arrested on Drug Charges
Phil Collins' eldest son, Simon Collins, was arrested on suspicion of supplying class A drugs over the weekend in Wiltshire, England. Wiltshire Police also questioned Simon for the possesion of class B drugs. The 37-year-old musician has been out on bail, while waiting for further inquiries.
According to the U.K.'s Misuse of Drugs Act, class A drugs include cocaine, psychedelics and opioids such as heroin and the painkiller oxycodone, while Class B includes marijuana, amphetamines and sedatives such as Quaaludes.
The police told PEOPLE, "A 37-year-old man from [the town of] Devizes has been arrested for being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs and for possession of a Class B controlled drug. The bail will run until the end of August." Neither Simon nor his family has made any comments about his issue yet.
This wasn't the first time for the Collins to have an issue with the police. Phil's nephew, Philip Austin Collins, was also arrested two years ago for possesing £3 million-worth of cocaine. The illegal drugs were found on a yacht where Philip and two other men were going to sail across the Atlantic. He is currently in jail.
Simon is Phil's first son from his first wife, Andrea Bertorelli. He decided to follow his father's path of becoming a musician. He made his stage debut when he was 12 years old by playing drums during one of his father's shows. He is currently a drummer and lead vocalist of progressive rock band Sound of Contact.
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery